Thread: dissappering junction boxes!

Login to Give a bone

Default dissappering junction boxes!

hey all! thanks for answering any of my previous posts. I am using mass elements to represent junction boxes of different sizes. First I draw a square then I right click on it, convert it to a mass element. I can also command acmep to extrudelinework. when I do this the command box prompts me to erase selected linework. either way i answer it the same thing oocurs, but for arguement sake i answer yes. then it asks for an extrusion height, i pick one and then I get a mass element. When I view the mass elements and pipe work from the top view the mass elements are not visible. Any other view they are visible. Have i done something wrong? I did the same thing in a different drawing and did not get the same results. any ideas? thanks in advance.- eric

ACA/AMEP Community Chair stelthorst's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: dissappering junction boxes!

Hi autocad.244673,

My first guess would be the cut plane of the view representation. Is the mass element above or below the cut plane?

If that isn't the problem then you may want to try to post the drawing and we can look at it and try to figure it out.

Hope this helps.
    Scott Telthorst
    Quality Control Manager
    Helix Electric, Inc.
    www.helixelectric.com

Some see the glass as half full, others as half empty. As an engineer I see the glass as twice as big as it needs to be. ~Unknown~

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: dissappering junction boxes!

I think there is a cut plane on the object, like possibly on mass elements in general. When i run conduit any height will do, but when i move my mass element at any height above 13 feet it dissappears in the top veiw. I don't know how to adjust this though...

Login to Give a bone

Talking Re: dissappering junction boxes!

Ok. so I think I solved my problem for now. I read in help and the autocad bible that I needed to go to the properties menu and override the cut plane. I already created the mass elements and couldnt view them from the top view so I looked at the object from the bottom view instead. In the bottom view the properties dont display override cut plane. But if I changed the elevation from there I could the select the object from the top view and bam! the override cut plane option was there! I bumped it up to 30ft and the object was visible once more. thanks again stelthorst!