Thread: Multiple Viewports Across Dual Monitors

ACAD Wish List Administration

Default Multiple Viewports Across Dual Monitors

Summary: The ability to place one viewport on one monitor and another viewport on another monitor.

Description: Multiple viewports across dual monitors.

I'd like to be able to open up two viewports, then select one of them and move it to my second monitor, that way I can have an iso on one monitor and a plan view on the other. Perhaps making it another palette of some type would work.

How Used: Currently users that use multiple viewports are losing screen space for each one they open up. With multiple monitors on a large percentage of desktops these days, it only makes sense to be able to open a second viewports and slide it over to your second monitor. This way you can still do most of your work on the primary monitor and watch your second monitor in isometric view as changes are taking place. I'm constantly switching back and forth between plan and iso views, I've even written small lisp routines to make it faster saving both plan and iso views but, this big monitor is sitting next to me virtually unused by Autocad. Stretching it across two screens isn't really an option, it's a pain to use with your annotation scaling and other bars on the bottom on one screen and all your tool bars on the other.

Feature Affinity: Other

Submitted By: Paul Jordan on February 11, 2009

Default Re: Multiple Viewports Across Dual Monitors

Paul,

This can be done now by un-maximizing the AutoCAD program and stretching it's window across both monitors. The viewports will be divided evenly across both monitors.

Matthew Ozor