Thread: Decal Visibility control

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Decal Visibility control

I have placed some decals that I don't want the 'X' visible in elevations and it also appears as a line slightly offset from the face of wall in plan. I want to hide them, but I cannot find where I can control their visibility. Any ideas?

Certifiable AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Wink Re: Decal Visibility control

Check under the subcategory for decals. This is where line controls are, as I recall.

edit: I was able to add a new subcategory, called "white lines" and changed it
    in Object Styles to white color.

Then applied it to the decal in the model under it's object properties to "white lines"
    This causes ALL the lines to disappear--not sure you can control just the diagonal lines? In a hidden line view, that is. I was trying to see if you could use invisible lines for this, but no luck. Perhaps you could draw invisible lines over the diagonals?
    I did not try that.

cheers
    Last edited by cliff collins; 2010-04-02 at 05:14 PM.

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Decal Visibility control

I was searching for this same thing, but figured it out on my own, so I thought I'd share:

Decals are a family under "generic models". Simply make a filter category in your view template, and you can hide them that way.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by trena766670 View Post
    I was searching for this same thing, but figured it out on my own, so I thought I'd share:

Decals are a family under "generic models". Simply make a filter category in your view template, and you can hide them that way.
    You can't hide lines in a filter, only change the weight, color, or pattern. Did you find some other way to use a filter to hide the border lines for a decal? It isn't quite clear from your post how you set up your filter.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by JB27 View Post
    You can't hide lines in a filter, only change the weight, color, or pattern. Did you find some other way to use a filter to hide the border lines for a decal? It isn't quite clear from your post how you set up your filter.
    While you can use a filter to change the weight, color or pattern, you can also use filters to control object visibility as well - just clear the check mark from the toggle in the Visibility column, and any item that is included in the filter will not be seen.
    2019-07-01_Revit2020_VisibilityGraphics_Filters_Hide.png

Of course, that may not work for just the border lines in a decal. I will have to look into that specific case.

Login to Give a bone

I just set up a filter for Generic Models, with the test being that the Type Name contains "Decal", as the Type Name of my test Decal was called Decal Test001. If you can build a filter that will grab your Decals, if you apply it to a View, and then uncheck the toggle in the Visibility column, the rectangular border placeholder that appears in Hidden Line Views will disappear from those Views. If you change the Visual Style to Realistic or Ray Trace, the Decal image will still display. You cannot select the Decal, however, unless you check the toggle in the Visibility column for the filter (or remove the filter).