Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AUGI Wish List - Inventor

AUGI Professional Member mark.kiker's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Exclamation AUGI Wish List - Inventor

We need more of your wishes before we can open the voting for this round. Please add your wish to the list...

https://www.augi.com/wish-list

In order to submit wishes or vote on wishes for a certain product, that product must be included in your AUGI profile.
    https://www.augi.com/account/products
    Last edited by Wanderer; 2018-04-09 at 06:19 PM. Reason: updated link
    Mark W. Kiker
    AUGI Past President
    www.caddmanager.com

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: AUGI Wish List - Inventor

thank you very much

Login to Give a bone

Mark your link doesn't work. I think that this link is correct

http://forums.augi.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1093

It's for the current submission cycle. I don't know why but it won't let me post anything.
    Last edited by Geoffrey Wheeler; 2011-08-24 at 05:35 AM. Reason: Added posting difficulty

Login to Give a bone

Question Re: AUGI Wish List - Inventor

Is there going to be a wish list for the Simulation Products (aka Algor)? I have a few for those products.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by cummingsga View Post
    Is there going to be a wish list for the Simulation Products (aka Algor)? I have a few for those products.
    According to this post in the Navisworks forums: http://forums.augi.com/showpost.php?...82&postcount=2 There will be other products added to the wishlist system over time.
    Melanie Stone
    @MistresDorkness

Archibus, FMS/FMInteract and AutoCAD Expert (I use BricsCAD, Revit, Tandem, and Planon, too)
    Technical Editor
    not all those who wander are lost

Login to Give a bone

My wishes.

1. allow an option in the parts list, for a length call out (column), with the option of applying leading and trailing zeros. When I have a piece that is less than 12 inches in length I can't get it to read like this: 0'-6" unless I'm using the flat pattern call out and apply ft for that column in the parts list.

2. text within a sketch doesn't allow you to edit it by double clicking. double clicking the text does nothing. In order to edit text you have to right click and edit. A double click feature to edit text would be really helpful.

3. Create a flat pattern from modified material in an assembly drawing. This would work around one problem I'm having. Or...

I'm not sure if there is a way to do it but I would like to somehow take an assembly's individual part that has been modified and possibly save it as another part. Say you import 2 similar parts, and one has to be modified based from the assembly, and the modified part can only be determined by the assembly. If you create a drawing and parts list, even though one is modified in the assembly, the 2 pieces are listed as the same part based on one part file. If there was a way to create a part, from the assembly, and replace the existing part in the assembly, based on its original part and modified assembly parameters within a single macro, I think it would be helpful.

I hope someone understands this and would be willing to share similar features that the software is capable of.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by chris.sones827586 View Post
    My wishes.
    Please use the Wish List System by clicking on the menu link above.
    C:> ED WORKING....

Login to Give a bone

mark, i hope you are updated with voting results ?

Login to Give a bone

Be able to pattern a feature in more than one solid body at the same time. For instance... I have a Hole that cuts through 2 solid bodies, a gasket and a cover plate. I want to pattern the hole in BOTH solids at the same time, but the pattern feature dialog box will only let me select one solid at a time. I could pattern the hole in one solid before projecting to the other, but the quantity of the holes can change. When the quantity of the holes changes only the holes from the initial pattern are projected. For instance if I have 10 holes initially and it increases to 12 the 2 new holes do not project to the second solid body.

Login to Give a bone

I wish I could make a custom tool palate that would allow me to place the tools I am currently using at my immediate finger tip. For example, I use the "close loop" tool often and the only way to access it is to right click one of the lines then scroll to "close loop" and click it. To my knowledge there are no shorcuts and it doesn't appear in the "repeated action" pane. (ooo I so want to pun here).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast