Thread: Exterior Wall Schedule?

Login to Give a bone

Default Exterior Wall Schedule?

I am a HVAC designer working with HAP from Carrier to model the load on a particular building modeled in Revit.

Is there any way that I can have Revit produce a schedule that shows me the area and orientation (North,East, etc.) of the exterior walls per space? What about the windows and doors on these exterior walls?

When I process the information in Revitt, it will give me the SF of the walls, doors, and windows, but it isn't per orientation and does appears to include interior components, such as an interior door.

I would appreciate your help - Thank you.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Exterior Wall Schedule?

I've asked this same question to Autodesk 3 weeks ago, and the answer is no, in 2010 that is.

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

I believe you could do it with a few shared parameters applied to your walls but it will all have to be manually inputed and a filter will have to be applied on a wall schedule, to filter out the non Exterior walls.

Login to Give a bone

In the loads report (detailed), I can see the load per space through each orientation (E,W,NE, etc) but it only gives the wall SF as one sum of external walls. Obviously, revit is calculating per area at an orientation, but it simply isn't showing the SF it is using to determine each orientation's loads. Maybe there is somewhere in the load calcs that provide this external wall information?

Again, thank you for your help.

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by jgreen.248491 View Post
    I am a HVAC designer working with HAP from Carrier to model the load on a particular building modeled in Revit.

Is there any way that I can have Revit produce a schedule that shows me the area and orientation (North,East, etc.) of the exterior walls per space? What about the windows and doors on these exterior walls?

When I process the information in Revitt, it will give me the SF of the walls, doors, and windows, but it isn't per orientation and does appears to include interior components, such as an interior door.

I would appreciate your help - Thank you.
    Export revit file to gbXML, import to IESVE click on model report (check Section B: Data assignment - Above grade glazing) and you will see all wall and glazing areas per orientation.