initials A.R.

cheers

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Building SIgnage

Quote Originally Posted by cliff collins View Post
    Hint..........

initials A.R.

cheers
    I know who it is, but I didn't find any threads he started. Unless it's buried deep in another thread. lol Can you at least tell me the thread name? lol

Certifiable AUGI Addict twiceroadsfool's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

The thread is called Mysterious Dots. The "Kool Aid" Cliff is referring to is his completely misguided belief that everything more complex (however non value adding) is automatically better in every situation without any analysis whatsoever (and even when the necessary information to make things more complex is not available), and when he was disagreed with by myself and other members of the board, he took to make Kool Aid references in any post he jumps in to, to amuse himself.

Cheers!

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by twiceroadsfool View Post
    The thread is called Mysterious Dots. The "Kool Aid" Cliff is referring to is his completely misguided belief that everything more complex (however non value adding) is automatically better in every situation without any analysis whatsoever (and even when the necessary information to make things more complex is not available), and when he was disagreed with by myself and other members of the board, he took to make Kool Aid references in any post he jumps in to, to amuse himself.

Cheers!
    I remember that thread. quite amusing! lol

Certifiable AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Red face Re: Building SIgnage

Despite how anyone else would like to color the intention of the "mysterious dots"
    thread, this exerpt from it by me should clarify it:

"The main thing I have been trying to convey is that the OP's example was ONLY 2D lines--and they missed the idea of combining 3D and 2D aspects into their family--which is why
    I referred to it as more "sophisticated" BIM.

My opinion at the time, and still is, that a 3D model is better than a 2D representation,
    and I have backed that up several times, with examples ( like the widely accepted practice in Revit of windows being modeled, not drawn with lines) in that thread and many others. Why there was such a wide difference in opinion which favored a 2D approach still astonishes me, especially within the context of a Revit/BIM discussion forum.

So--because of my adherence to a rigid 3D BIM approach, I have been labeled as "drinking too much of the Revit Kool-aid". So be it. As a matter of fact, I'm drunk on the stuff!

cheers......

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Maybe its just me but I always thought "Don't drink the Kool-Aid" was a reference to the Jonestown cult incident were the leader convinced everyone to drink poisoned Kool-Aid and thus commit suicide. Therefore I thought Aaron's use of the phrase was intended to mean something along the lines of "Don't blindly follow the masses doing as the leader says" the leader being AutoDESK in this sense. So with that reasoning I can't see how drinking more Revit Kool-Aid is a good thing. I'll stick with just to be safe.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by cliff collins View Post
    Despite how anyone else would like to color the intention of the "mysterious dots"
    thread, this exerpt from it by me should clarify it:

"The main thing I have been trying to convey is that the OP's example was ONLY 2D lines--and they missed the idea of combining 3D and 2D aspects into their family--which is why
    I referred to it as more "sophisticated" BIM.

My opinion at the time, and still is, that a 3D model is better than a 2D representation,
    and I have backed that up several times, with examples ( like the widely accepted practice in Revit of windows being modeled, not drawn with lines) in that thread and many others. Why there was such a wide difference in opinion which favored a 2D approach still astonishes me, especially within the context of a Revit/BIM discussion forum.

So--because of my adherence to a rigid 3D BIM approach, I have been labeled as "drinking too much of the Revit Kool-aid". So be it. As a matter of fact, I'm drunk on the stuff!

cheers......
    Well, I'm not a Kool Aide Aholic yet. Just sipping on the stuff. I must admit I put some 2D framing details on my first Revit project to get it out the door. If I knew how to create families quickly, I'd do it in 3D for sure. I really really need to take the time to learn them. I'm just lazy. lol
    So pass the kool aide, I'm thirsty.

Certifiable AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Wink Re: Building SIgnage

Glad to hear that, dzatto!

cheers ( Yeah, I still say that, and I actually mean it....)

Certifiable AUGI Addict twiceroadsfool's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

LOL........

Certifiable AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Talking Re: Building SIgnage

cheers

cheers

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast