See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: anyone

Login to Give a bone

Default anyone

This is my first question;
    I am using Autocad 2000 and when I dimension 3D objects the dimension lines and extension lines and dimensions get located in the z plane a very long way from the object being dimensioned. Is there some basic box not ticked.
    Thanks
    Ian Payne

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: anyone

Dimensioning is a 2D object created on the current UCS. If you need the dimension near the 3D object you have two choices:
    1. Dimension in a layout (this might not work so well given the ancient version you have).
    2. Create a UCS nearer the desired location of the dimension, in the correct plane.
    R. Robert Bell
    Design Technology Manager
    Stantec
    Opinions expressed are mine alone and do not reflect the views of Stantec.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: anyone

You may also want to consider learning paperspace. Dimensions placed on the model in modelspace will show up in your plots in the orientation that they are in, in your model, In other words, some of your dimensions, placed on your model will show up as stray lines, others will look like they were drawn on a diagonal.
    By putting them in paperspace, they only show up when you plot that particular page, they are always parallel with that page and they look much more professional when you have to send them to a client.