We are just getting started with Revit and working with revit capable Architects. We comitted to the benefit which comes from applying the BIM principles to our delivery services in Exterior Glazing and Cladding.

I have some development experience with ArchiCAD parametrics and see many similar comparable or additional capabilities in Revit. Without this sounding like too much of a generalized request, I would be grateful to know of anyones experiences and or direction to knowledgebase info to help focus our efforts.
Initially, I envision using adaptive components, specifically, ones we develop, to provide to designers or apply to designers sourced BIM models ourselves that can then be used to help drive our fabrication and installation services. Ideally, we would be aiming to deliver Costing, Fabrication & Assembly, and Installation (instructional & monitoring) document packages from this environment, to help drive effieciencies and business development.

Could I start with asking 'generally', where to start to focus efforts? And also, what pitfalls to be aware of as things progress?

Thanks, in advance... it will be great working with all of you!

Michael Lemieux