Thread: Layer Filters not working on Ribbon

Login to Give a bone

Unhappy Layer Filters not working on Ribbon

My layer filters are not working on the ribbon, i was wondering if anyone knows why and/or if this is an autocad bug.

I created one for hiding Xref layers, which is an inverted filter. it works on the "Layer Properties Manager" but does not work on my ribbon layer menu. If i turn on the old layer dialog it is working in there.

I know there are many differnt views about the ribbon so i dont need any of the comments telling me to turn it off and get on with it etc.

If you look at the attached images you can see the screen shots of my problem. Note that i have the layer settings correct. Autocad Help says that if the "apply filter to layer toolbar" is on then it will apply this to the ribbon. which it does not.

Any ideas???

Cheers
    Corey C
    Attached Images Attached Images

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Layer Filters not working on Ribbon

Don't have an answer for your problem but you're not alone. I am also having problems with the Ribbon not showing the correct layers.

Only mine seems to like to default to an XREF's layers then I can go to the dialog. Select All Used Layers and then it will work fine for awhile.

Login to Give a bone

Angry Re: Layer Filters not working on Ribbon

Quote Originally Posted by icbinr View Post
    Don't have an answer for your problem but you're not alone. I am also having problems with the Ribbon not showing the correct layers.

Only mine seems to like to default to an XREF's layers then I can go to the dialog. Select All Used Layers and then it will work fine for awhile.
    Yes I had noticed that also, very odd. its as if there has been a small peice of script missed on the conversion from buttons to ribbon.

Our local cad support said they used to be able to just ring the autocad programmers and discuss such issues and prescribe hot fixes. However Autodesk have removed that ability from the resellers to directly communicate with the programmers and now they have to deal with an indian call centre like every other company in the world (no issues with indian call centres for the record, just not always the most effective communication hubs)

So yes no solution, sux but i guess we will just have to move on and hope someone at autodesk support notices.

Cheers
    Corey