I'm having troubles with object styles (lines) in families with nested annotation families. When I update the object style in the annotation family and reload it, I can't see where to force the change in the host family.
The attached files show the issue:
1. Created Annotation.rfa using MyLineStyle object style (black, 3pts)
2. Created Family.rfa, and inserted Annotation.rfa into plan view
3. Created Project.rvt, and loaded Family.rfa
4. In Annotation.rfa, changed MyLineStyle (green, 6pts)
5. Reloaded Annotation.rfa into Family.rfa
6. Reloaded Family.rfa into project.rvt
The change to MyLineStyle is not reflected in either Family.rfa or Project.rvt (as expected). However, while the change can be made in the project's object styles, I don't see where to fix it in Family.rfa! I don't see MyLineStyle listed anywhere in the host family.
I even changed MyLineStyle to a different name, reloaded/purged the family files, and inserted the family into a new project---the new project gets both the old and the new object styles, even though the old style is no longer in use anywhere, and despite the purge!
Can someone tell me how to fix the family that hosts the annotation? It doesn't show up under object styles, and I don't know where else to look for it, or how to delete the old style. Surely one doesn't have to rebuild an entire family from scratch over something like this?!
PS - this archived thread appears to depict the same problem: http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=106641