Thread: Scaling Plumbing Fittings

Login to Give a bone

Default Scaling Plumbing Fittings

I am using AutoCAD MEP 2010. I create my drawings in construct using the proper scale. Then I create my view sheets and all fittings, text annotation, etc. look fine at the correct scale. When I create my sheets and drag and drop my views and all xreferences onto the sheet all text annotation is fine, but plumbing fittings and linetypes are not at the correct scale.

Example: 1/4" scale views; fittings and linetypes are larger than they should be.
    1/16" scale views; fittings and linetypes are smaller than they should be.

I haven't any ideas. Please help

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Scaling Plumbing Fittings

Hi and welcome to AUGI.

CAD 101 - draw everything at its true size - scaling comes later, through the viewports.

Login to Give a bone

Thanks for the reply. I would like to reiterate that I am using AutoCAD MEP 2010. I have over 17 years working with autocad, but have been using Microstation (AHHH!) for the last 3+ years. My firm is working with Architects that are getting into Revit and 3d modeling so it's back to AutoCAD. Anyway, enough of my background.

I am using the Plumbing side of MEP and find it more challenging than the previous verions of plain AutoCAD. Our standard annotation scale is set at 1/8" = 1'-0". So the plumbing fittings (valves, unions, pipe drops, etc.) display correctly in constructs. I have plotted out views in construct and everything looks fine as well as the view sheets.

As I said previously, when I create the sheets (with titlblocks) and drag my views into the sheet, the annotations (text, leaders, etc.) are fine. However, depending on the scale I used, the plumbing fittings are either too large or too small.

Login to Give a bone

Are the blocks set to be annotative? Do they scale to different sizes based on the viewport scale?
    If you have a technical question, please find the appropriate forum and ask it there.
    You will get a quicker response from your fellow AUGI members than if you sent it to me via a PM or email.
    jUSt

Login to Give a bone

Yes, they do change in size based on the annotative scale. The blocks are a part of the MEP package. They are not custom made for our company.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by kfiedler.249455 View Post
    I am using AutoCAD MEP 2010. I create my drawings in construct using the proper scale. Then I create my view sheets and all fittings, text annotation, etc. look fine at the correct scale. When I create my sheets and drag and drop my views and all xreferences onto the sheet all text annotation is fine, but plumbing fittings and linetypes are not at the correct scale.

Example: 1/4" scale views; fittings and linetypes are larger than they should be.
    1/16" scale views; fittings and linetypes are smaller than they should be.

I haven't any ideas. Please help
    What are the settings for the MEP content in the template used for the sheet drawings? My guess is that your sheet template has different settings than the templates used by the other types of drawings.
    R. Robert Bell
    Design Technology Manager
    Stantec
    Opinions expressed are mine alone and do not reflect the views of Stantec.

Login to Give a bone

Just getting back to my scaling problem. RobertB I don't know how to check what are the settings for the MEP content in the template used for the sheet drawings?