Thread: 2011 Layer Properties Dialog BLACKOUT

Login to Give a bone

Default 2011 Layer Properties Dialog BLACKOUT

when I open the layer propertiers dialog box to, wel, actually manage layer settings. The entire list and all of the information and layer attributes are blacked out and I cannot manage anything. I cannot clear the black out and cannot work. I have wasted way too much time goping through all of the settings and options.
    I cannot do my job right now. I have had this problem opening old dwg's, create new one's... Across the board. I am using windows 7 but I also access my other desktop using XP and have the same issue.
    Any ideas I really need some help here.
    Once again Autodesk has forgotten what made them the best and have decided to create something new, over and over!!!

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: 2011 Layer Properties Dialog BLACKOUT

Quote Originally Posted by rrothwell View Post
    when I open the layer propertiers dialog box to, wel, actually manage layer settings. The entire list and all of the information and layer attributes are blacked out and I cannot manage anything. I cannot clear the black out and cannot work. I have wasted way too much time goping through all of the settings and options.
    I cannot do my job right now. I have had this problem opening old dwg's, create new one's... Across the board. I am using windows 7 but I also access my other desktop using XP and have the same issue.
    Any ideas I really need some help here.
    Once again Autodesk has forgotten what made them the best and have decided to create something new, over and over!!!
    perhaps a video card/driver problem. Have you tried using the old style layer manager? Try command: classiclayer and see if that fixes it. I've never heard of anyone else having this problem so chances are that Autodesk is less to blame than something in your setup?

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

I have the same problem. classiclayer works perfectly and is much faster. I don't know why Autodesk feels the need to screw up things that work fine.

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Ok, so here is the deal. The driver will only refresh so much of the dialog box: which is why it is black. The solution is to shrink the dialog box to smaller than the area that is black and then use the scroll grips to navigate the dialog box. Pretty lame and yes it took me a while to figure this one out. Now get back to work!

Login to Give a bone

OK, I gotta ask -- what the heck are you running for hardware? sounds like something we all need to stay away from!