Thread: Generic Annotations are drawn in what scale?

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Question Generic Annotations are drawn in what scale?

In Revit MEP 2010 I have an 8 foot fixture that I need to half shade in. I cannot find filled regions within the lighting fixture family for whatever odd reason so I plan on importing a generic annotation with a filled region. What scale is the generic annotations made in? If I make an 8'-0" line in the generic annotion it comes in way bigger inside the lighting fixture family.

Thanks in advance.

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Generic Annotations are drawn in what scale?

Use a detail component instead of an annotation object. All annotations will scale up/down based on the view scale. That's not what you want if your element (in this case an 8' long light fixture) has an absolute size.

Matt

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Hey thanks for the heads up on this, using model lines to fill in half of the lighting fixture has not been very fun!

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Take at look at one that I've created. I've constrained the detail item for the half shade to the reference planes so when the light changes size the half shade will adjust accordingly. Also, I created an instance parameter to turn on/off the emergency fill on an as-needed basis, rather than have a separate type.

Matt

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Nice, thanks for sending that over my way. I've been trying to get crafty on some of this stuff. It seems like it's limitless with some of the parameters.

The project we are working on right now I made seperate families for the emergency fixtures and added another electrical connection so I could have the load of the fixture go back to the emergency panel and the normal panel. We are using lvs relays for the switching override from the generator.

It's always a little bit harder coming up with some of this content when you are pushing for the deadline right before the 4th of July extended weekend. : /

I was able to make a tag for the mechanical equipment that uses our old CAD motor/disconnect symbol then turned on the mechanical equipment layer, tagged all, and then did a graphics override so that the mechanical equipment lines would be white thus blending in with the background and the tag would stay. Now when our mechanical guy moves his equipment or even changes the name of it, revit will automaticlly update it for me. Gotta love it!

You work in CT?, I work in Middletown at CES.

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

I interviewed there when Wayne was still running the IT department. I work for one of your competitors: BVH.

I may have to delete my previous post!

Matt

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

haha, I've only been here for three years but I've heard the nightmare stories about that guy. I can't imagine trying to upgrade to Revit with him still around.

Ahh yes the always evil BVH!

It's too late, your conent has been downloaded already!

-Nick

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by cyriousn View Post
    Ahh yes the always evil BVH!
    -Nick
    You're just afraid of the unknown!

How long have you guys been using Revit?

I haven't heard of too many engineering firms around these parts that are using it.

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Well I suppose you guys aren't so evil after all.

We have been working in Revit for almost a year now. Our project team was the first one to do a Revit job so I had to create all of my electrical content while trying to make our Revit drawings look just like our AutoCAD drawings to keep the boss-men happy also while not murdering the budget for the job.......

We are working on our 4th job in Revit, 2 in 2010 using just revit models, 1 of them we imported cad floor plans, and the last is in 2011. I'm looking forward to working with 2011.

How long have you guys been dabbling with it? Sounds like your leading the way for BVH on this stuff.