Thread: Best Practice - Revit Title Blocks

Login to Give a bone

Default Best Practice - Revit Title Blocks

Is it better to have one family with all title blocks for each paper size or have a family for each paper size?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Best Practice - Revit Title Blocks

Quote Originally Posted by tcompton View Post
    Is it better to have one family with all title blocks for each paper size or have a family for each paper size?
    We have separate families for each size/configuration/etc. I know other people do them all in one family or in just a few families. We probably have 30-40 different title block families. It is definitely a pain when a change like our office address comes along. But it does keep the file size smaller, which I think is good when you only really need 4 or 5 different title block families on a project (8.5 x 11 in both orientations, 24x36 title sheet and drawing sheet).

I'm sure there are pros and cons to each method. I'll let some others who do it differently chime in. I may actually try combining all of ours into just a few families at some point. The problem will be the numerous different visibility parameters required for everything.

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

A family per each paper size. The reason is that even if you could create parameters to control the width and height of the paper, you would still need to manually adjust the rest of the graphics and labels of the titleblock to fit into different sizes. Just finish one well, and then do Save as... to continue with the others.

Certifiable AUGI Addict twiceroadsfool's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Different family file per size. As Patricks said, we end up with a lot of titleblocks, but its not worth the hassle of constraints, especially since you cant constrain Labels dimensionally. You would have to have yes/no's for everything, and when you have options for things to be visible, that means two yes/no's and if af, and, or 'or' statement. Its just not worth it.

Since we have multiple offices, we keep things like Address other text as Labels, so we can edit it in the project.