Thread: project browser missing

Login to Give a bone

Default project browser missing

This is a cross post to a thread on Autodesk Discussion Groups. Basically a few of us have had the project browser disappear in some of our families and projects. Any one have any ideas? This is not specific to any one computer.

See the original thread here: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autode...3706234#M17663

Here is my post

I have this problem narrowed down to a specific file. (attached). No matter how I open this family, from inside the project, or by opening and auditing, I cannot get the project browser to appear. So far it has not affected any other families, or projects, but I live in fear. Attached are screenshots. The project broswer that does appear is from the project the family was opened from.

Any ideas? At this point I have reset both the properties pallate, the project browser registry keys, reset the UIstate.dat file. and no changes. Other computers in our office have the same problem with the family, but not with other families in the project.

I am using windows 7, latest build of REVIT 2013 sp2, wacom intous 5 tablet.

component open.JPGHart - Concrete Window Shade.rfaproject browser missing.png

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: project browser missing

Just a quick thought, is your computer setup for dual monitors? If not, I have no idea... I downloaded the family, and for whatever reason, it would display the project browser for my project and not the family. Sounds like a bug, contact AutoDesk!

Cheers,
    Jeff S.

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Random thought: Could you try assigning a keyboard shortcut to project browser (PB)? Maybe it just needs a little different way to reload (zap) it than the checkbox in the user interface pulldown. Kind of like when I hit Crtl+Alt+Delete and magically my froze computer unfreezes. (zap)

My other thought is that the tablet is interfering in such a way that it's causing certain families to not load the PB. I have a touchscreen monitor and had to disable the "Tablet Input Services" under the services tab in Windows Task Manager. Right click and stop.

RB Cameron
    View my profile for more information.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by rbcameron1 View Post
    Random thought: Could you try assigning a keyboard shortcut to project browser (PB)?
    Nope, didn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by rbcameron1 View Post
    My other thought is that the tablet is interfering in such a way that it's causing certain families to not load the PB.
    I already had that stopped.

Thanks for the input though. I am now having to redesign the family, so I'll probably just recreate it.