Thread: Wall based sweep not cutting at wall joins

Login to Give a bone

Default Wall based sweep not cutting at wall joins

I have tile wainscots in my toilet rooms (5' high), set up as wall sweeps. Everything works okay and wraps nicely in most locations but when I have a T-shaped wall join, the tile from one wall doesn't cut properly. See image below. Have I missed something or is this just something I'll have to live with?

I tried splitting the wall at the T so it was really three different walls and I couldn't get that to join well, either.

Thanks for any input.

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Wall based sweep not cutting at wall joins

have you tried the wall joins tool? what are the wall end join conditions (allow/disallow) ?

i have seen many complaints about this and it could also be a display issue, not specific to added sweeps etc. and also regardless of end join conditions. people have reported weird behaviour too like reopening the file gives a cleaned join sometimes, and other times not.
    zooming in and out apparently changes things too, suggesting it could be an on-screen display issue, not an actual file output issue. maybe try changing the wall types to a plain wall (no sweep) to see the results?
    what happens when you print?

sorry this reply isnt much help, but be sure to post if you find a solution
    Last edited by elton williams; 2010-07-10 at 10:06 AM.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Wall based sweep not cutting at wall joins

Quote Originally Posted by tropitech View Post
    have you tried the wall joins tool? what are the wall end join conditions (allow/disallow) ?

i have seen many complaints about this and it could also be a display issue, not specific to added sweeps etc. and also regardless of end join conditions. people have reported weird behaviour too like reopening the file gives a cleaned join sometimes, and other times not.
    zooming in and out apparently changes things too, suggesting it could be an on-screen display issue, not an actual file output issue. maybe try changing the wall types to a plain wall (no sweep) to see the results?
    what happens when you print?

sorry this reply isnt much help, but be sure to post if you find a solution
    I have tried the wall joins tool. No luck. I'm not sure how to best utilize the wall end join conditions but I know from past experience they don't seem to apply to wall sweeps.

I'm pretty sure it's not a display issue. I have my tile sweep running along the lenth of the wall (like it thinks it's supposed to) and the joining wall just doesn't cut through the tile, even though it wraps the GWB and metal stud properly.

If I take off the sweep, the walls will join properly. In fact, the walls DO currently join properly, it's just that the sweep doesn't.

Printing shows just like the image I posted above.

Thanks for trying, I really do appreciate it. More ideas are welcome!