Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Change it

3 20.00%
  • Leave it

10 66.67%
  • Dont care either way.

2 13.33%

Thread: NOT left click to finish dims....

AUGI Addict

Default NOT left click to finish dims....

I must do this all the time, left click to finish a string of dims - accientally pick something......say "occch!!" then mess about unpicking the accidental one.

I have NEVER right clicked mid way through placing dimensions to zoom - why cant this be what I do to finish a string?

Default Re: NOT left click to finish dims....

The drawback to such implementation would be that some users (especially new or infrequent) would get confused. They may not know how to finish dimensioning. In general Windows application reserve right button to bring up the context menu.

AUGI Addict

fair point....... maybe not right click then, how about if ESC also ended a string of dims (as well as left click) the same as a spline instead of cancelling it? Sometimes finding a bald patch to pick on nothing can be difficult. I dont very often want to cancel a string of dims mid way through - infact sometime I press ESC expecting it to finish the string instead it cancels...

The only user friendly solution that I can think of at the movement would be to keep existing termination behavior but in addition enhance it by allowing left double click to finish dimension placement as well. Then experienced users who need to place dimension in a busy view could use double click while uninitiated would keep the benefit of easy termination by clicking in an empty space.

This wish seems to be relatively low in the list of priorities from my point of view, does it?

All AUGI, all the time

Quote Originally Posted by LRaiz
    This wish seems to be relatively low in the list of priorities from my point of view, does it?
    I would qualify it as a low priority but high annoyance problem. I agree with Martin that a better solution is needed. Some sort of keyboard command to exit (other than ESC which should be reserved for terminating the DIM command itself).

This is similar to the issue that I have with text where you need to click outside of the box to end the text input instead of having a keyboard exit. Also low priority but high annoyance in my opinion. (I'm still finishing projects in 6.1 so if this was addressed in 7.0 my apologies in advance.)

Martin, could you add a keyboard option to your poll? I do see the need for change but would prefer keyboard over right click.

AUGI Addict

I agree it is a low priority too, but it is a bit of a pain at times - and its my first wish in a while - 7.0 addressed a lot for me so low priority wishes are all I'm left with, for now

The perfect solution maybe? - press enter or left click....
    Last edited by Martin P; 2004-12-15 at 07:54 PM.