Thread: Different Keynote Legends on different sheets?

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Different Keynote Legends on different sheets?

I'm trying to figure out Key noting. I've got the syntax of the keynote.txt file figured out and have discovered that only one keynote text file can be used per project. My drawings require a different keynote legend on different sheets. IOW, my plans, elevations, and sections have different keynotes than my detail sheets. How can this be accomplished? I've tried changing from "By Sheet" instead of "By Keynote" in the Keynoting Settings dialog but that just changes the way the key value is shown (1, 2, 3 etc instead of my values contained in the keynote.txt file)

thanks for any insight,

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Different Keynote Legends on different sheets?

You'll have to expand the keynoting in your file to include separate keynotes for each type of view.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Womack View Post
    You'll have to expand the keynoting in your file to include separate keynotes for each type of view.
    how does one "expand the keynoting" ?

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

I don't know if this is the right way to do this, but what I've done is use a Filter in the Keynote schedule. I work with renovations so I have demolition keynotes and I put a "D" in front of the key number and then filter by "Key Value" "contains" "D" and it works. The problem with this is that you can't have 2 keynotes with the same number. For example you could have plan keynotes 1-19, section keynotes 20-39. and elevation keynotes 40-59 or whatever numbering system works for you.

Does anyone else have other suggestions?

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by jessica.146534 View Post
    I don't know if this is the right way to do this, but what I've done is use a Filter in the Keynote schedule. I work with renovations so I have demolition keynotes and I put a "D" in front of the key number and then filter by "Key Value" "contains" "D" and it works. The problem with this is that you can't have 2 keynotes with the same number. For example you could have plan keynotes 1-19, section keynotes 20-39. and elevation keynotes 40-59 or whatever numbering system works for you.

Does anyone else have other suggestions?
    Bingo! Filter the key value. All of my key values have different prefixes and the ones required on one set of sheets are different than those required on the other sheets (I lucked into that). I knew this could be done as the project I'm working on has the contract documents done with Revit and the various groups of sheets have different keynote legends. Thanks Jessica!

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Glad I could help!

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Jones View Post
    Bingo! Filter the key value. All of my key values have different prefixes and the ones required on one set of sheets are different than those required on the other sheets (I lucked into that). I knew this could be done as the project I'm working on has the contract documents done with Revit and the various groups of sheets have different keynote legends. Thanks Jessica!
    I was having the same issue as mentioned above. Followed the advise and it has worked great so far! I am now able to have a keyed demolition note legend along with a keyed mechanical note legend on the same sheet. My problem is that at my firm we use only a different symbol to differentiate between demolition (a triangle with a number within) and new notes (hexagon with a number within). When using ACAD we only use a numbering sequence that starts at 1 and ascends for each key legend, not showing any abbreviations such as "D" or "M" for the key value.

Is there a way to have the key legend only show numbers starting at 1 for each legend along with only showing the corresponding number for the key tag on the plan?

I hope that I was able to explain my issue clearly. Thank you to anyone that has some advice!