Thread: Truss Help!

Login to Give a bone

Angry Truss Help!

Congratulation Autodesk this truss maker is a piece of **** that doesn't really work all that well for trusses WHAT A PAIN IN THE A** .... What a waist of a half of day......

it work good for flat easy trusses and gable roofs. But hipped roofs forget it. There is no control.....

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Truss Help!

GGGRRRRRRR i want to throw my mouse at my screen.

Certifiable AUGI Addict twiceroadsfool's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

I was going to ask specifically what the trouble was, to offer some help. But i just hate reading the blame game on AUGI lately. Ill go back to watching TV.

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by wadeshuey View Post
    GGGRRRRRRR i want to throw my mouse at my screen.
    Go ahead, maybe then you can write a nasty letter to Viewsonic telling them how their product isn't durable and their engineers are incompetent.

Negativity aside, I don't know what your background is but I think we have all been in your position before, frustrated so bad it makes your eyes cross. If its school or work or just learning the software on your own time, the best thing to do is step away and relax. Come back once the bloodpressure is back to normal and take a fresh approach on the problem. If there is no way to get away from the computer try to work on something else that is easy/routine. Reacting harshly doesn't get anything accomplished and often makes things worse, i.e. the mouse/screen - all you get is the same problem with a busted $300 monitor.

Take it easy man and have a
    Last edited by eric.piotrowicz; 2010-08-24 at 08:30 PM.

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

What's wrong with just using a Generic Model Family and making your own trusses with a series of extrusions?

Login to Give a bone

I agree with both Eric and Karen.

Take a deep breath.

Let us know what you are trying to accomplish so that we might be able to help you or someone else learn a better way to do something.

Login to Give a bone

Unhappy Re: Truss Help!

Sorry for my bit of frustration but I had very hi hopes for this truss builder. I have calmed down and no mice or monitor were hurt during my point of frustration.

As far as my issues. I did just use a family based truss. There no way that I found to get the cords to act properly. The cords tend to adjust to the center line of the truss adjustment line. I cant get them to justify to the top or to the bottom.

Sorry about going off the deep end!

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Wade, I understand your frustration with truss families.
    The first few caused some prolific brain bleeds for me, and even now anything out of the ordinary takes a bit of thought.

What I really recommend is grab a piece of paper out, and sketch the truss out, and really think about what things you need to constrain.

I have used truss families to work quite nicely since working them out, and it saves a load of time once you can get them to behave especially for basic type trusses.

Of course there is also, always truss+ (sorry this is the only link I could google quickly)

http://www.cadlore.com/specialfeatur...ture-2010.html