Thread: Field values failed when updating from AutoCAD 2008 to 2010

Login to Give a bone

Default Field values failed when updating from AutoCAD 2008 to 2010

Hi,

My first post, so please be gentle.

I was recently upgraded from AutoCAD 2008 to 2010 and this seems to have caused all the text fields that had been set up to show the viewport scale in the title block to now show the viewport centre, hence giving a meaningless response (eg, a viewport scale of 1:100 becomes 2:1 and one of 1:200 becomes CUSTOM, even though 1:200 is in the scale list).

Did this happen to everyone or am I just lucky?

Can I fix it globally, with some clever system setting? Or do I need to reset fifteen hundred or so drawings?

Many thanks for your help,

Mark

Certifiable AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Field values failed when updating from AutoCAD 2008 to 2010

Welcome to AUGI & congrats on your 1st post.

Holy .... it sounds as if there's something really strange happening. If you go into the viewport (i.e. double click inside it), what's the scale shown in the status bar? If that's what's showing incorrectly it may just be possible to write some Lisp + Script to fix through several DWG's.

If the field itself is wrong, I'm not sure what to do. Could you send a sample DWG?

Login to Give a bone

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I'm the only CAD monkey on site, so there's no one else to ask!

As to the viewport scale, that still shows 1:100 in the status bar and 2:1 in the text field.

I've attached a word document showing the 2008 text field settings and the 2010 settings. I think this is where the problem is. It's as if 2010 text field/object/viewport defaults to centre, rather than customscale, giving a useless value. If I change it from centre to custom scale, everything's fine again. It's quite ironic realy, as when I started here, the drawiing frame text was all based on text fields and sheets sets, most of which I got shot of, only leaving the viewport scale and file location text fields. More fool me, I should have got rid of the lot!

Many thanks for your time,

Mark
    Attached Files Attached Files

Certifiable AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Is this just simply text? Not an attribute of a block? If not part of a block, you could use some lisp to search through all text, finding their field codes and checking if the code contains "*).Center *", then modifying the code to ").StandardScale ". But then it would screw with any field that may actually want the center X, Y and/or Z value of an object's center (e.g. circle).

If it was in a block, you have a much more controlled scenario. Seeing as you'd know that the block named "MyBlockName" contains an attribute named "MyScaleAttrib" which you can then change.

Login to Give a bone

Many thanks for your help,

Mark