Thread: Rogue door

Login to Give a bone

Default Rogue door

I seem to have a rogue storefront door panel somewhere in my model that I cannot find. It's sharing the mark value with another door, which is why I need to find it.

The door shows as created on New Construction, and it's on a workset that is on in most views. Yet it will not show up in any door schedule, even in a schedule with no phase filtering. I do not see it anywhere in a 3D view (the noneditable symbol doesn't show).

When I try Select by ID, and click Show, it says no view can be found.

This thing truly seems to be "rogue". Since it must be hosted by a curtain wall, I don't get as much information about that door as I do for others.

*edit* Looking at the door's properties, it's reporting the size as 0" x 0". That's why I can't see it. In the warning box, if I click on it, the Show button grays out. How can I find this so I can delete it?

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Rogue door

Could it be in another family? A shared sub-family - category door.

Might also look for a very tiny panel in a CW somewhere. Could delete one CW at a time to find it.

Look for that door in your schedule and check it's size.

Login to Give a bone

Change they Type Mark value of the offending family under Families in the Project Browser
    Michael "MP" Patrick
    "I only drink :coffee: until it's acceptable to drink :beer: or :whiskey: or :wine:"

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by cdatechguy View Post
    Change they Type Mark value of the offending family under Families in the Project Browser
    This is the door instance mark that's being shared with another door, not the type mark.

Can't go around deleting curtain walls because there are hundreds of them and it's very late in CD's.

Plus since it's on New Construction, I want to know where it is and why it's showing as zero size. I'm sure it has to do with the revisions we've made along the line to various storefront layouts and such, but I want to make sure there's not a problem, just in case.

Login to Give a bone

I'm fairly certain that our Ideate Explorer could find this rogue door. Feel free to contact me and I'll take a look at your file.

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by patricks View Post
    This is the door instance mark that's being shared with another door, not the type mark.

Can't go around deleting curtain walls because there are hundreds of them and it's very late in CD's.

Plus since it's on New Construction, I want to know where it is and why it's showing as zero size. I'm sure it has to do with the revisions we've made along the line to various storefront layouts and such, but I want to make sure there's not a problem, just in case.
    Look at panels in the curtainwall that Occur above the cut plane in your views. These can be difficult to find unless you have an elevation of every curtainwall in your project.

Login to Give a bone

Well I'm looking in a 3D view with the door category isolated (curtain panel doors show, too). Does that count? I have it set to New Construction, and Show All, but I still don't see anything when I select that door by its ID. No "non-editable" symbol or anything floating anywhere in that 3D view.

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Patricks ... Have your schedule and 3D view tiled. In the 3D view with only CW's showing, pick half your CW's and delete them. If it goes away in the schedule, it's in the half you deleted, otherwise, it's in the other half. Undo the deletion and continue doring it 1/2 of the suspected CW's at a time until you find it.

This is called a bubble sort and I guarantee you will find the CW in less than 5 or 6 trys.

Certifiable AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Wink Re: Rogue door

In the schedule, can you change the size from zero to something much larger?

Can you "select all instances in Project" and then isolate category to find it?
    Instead of isolating the door category, try isolating curtain panels.

Since it's "zero x zero" size, that's why you are having trouble finding it.

just a few thoughts........

cheers