Thread: LMTools Status Enquiry Reading other Servers?

Login to Give a bone

Default LMTools Status Enquiry Reading other Servers?

Hi,
    Hope someone can help.

We have FlexLM running on 2 servers running different Vendors licences. (Autodesk Server 1, Amtech Server 2)

When I run a status enquiry on Server1 I get All my AutoCAD licences etc from This Server (which is correct) (lists correct 27000@Server1 and shows c:\program files\etc.\AUTOCAD Licence.lic)

If I run the Status Enquiry from the other Server 2 (which Doesnt run any AutoCAD software, just the Ametch software) I get exactly the same results as the above from Server 1 (ie, shows me all the AutoCAD licences and paths to the licence on Server1)!!

i also installed FlexLM on my workstation and before configuring anything ran the status enquiry and it again listed all my AutoCAD licences running from Server1.

Does FLexLM go round all the servers in our business looking to licence files running? and does it broadcast over the Networks?

Any help on this would be great as im confused.

(ps. If i have 1 server running 4 vendors licence files separately, do i need to point the LMGRD.exe to a separate directory for each (eg copy lmgrd.exe 4 times, or can they all point to one LMGRD.exe)

Thanks

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: LMTools Status Enquiry Reading other Servers?

Yes FlexLM will pick up the main server that is running the FlexLM licenses. You can install it anywhere and it should give you feedback on the licenses that are currently running.

As for your question with regards to having it on 1 server for different services, you can have all of them on 1 server and not over different services and no you don't need to point to different lmgrd folders. They can all point to 1. When you set this up, make sure that you have the Service named correctly otherwise you would end up forgetting which service runs which license.

Just remember that in order to do a stop/start/reread or a Satus Enquiry you would need to change to that service under services otherwise it will go to the current service it has listed.

Login to Give a bone

Thanks,
    I reinstalled everything on our licence server, so latest versions of Flelm etc. All worked fine.
    Only thing is (and i still cant work this out), that whenever i run a status enquiry it always gives me the AutoCAD one first, regardless of what service i select.

I have 4 services defined, (AutoCAD, FluentLM, Amtech & RXViewer), nomatter which i select it only ever reports the AutoCAD one, and it cuts short the report after 100 lines or so, so i never see the whole enquiry (is that a feature?)

I expected that if i select the AMTECH service, then ran a status enquiry, it would just report the Amtech licence,(which isnt the case)

strange,

Login to Give a bone

Not sure why it would be limiting you. I would recommend trying to get hold of the guys that create the flexlm tool and find out more info from them as it isn't an Autodesk product.

Login to Give a bone

I did call the people at Acresso, the chap was sort of helpful ish, as i didnt have a support contract with them he couldnt really help me much, apart from tell me to contact Autodesk direct.....
    Its not affecting the licence allocation, but strange none the less.

This is the last bit of the status enquiry, seems to just give up half way through

Users of 73700CIV3D_2010_0F: (Total of 2 licenses issued; Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of 59700CIV3D_2009_0F: (Total of 2 licenses issued; Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of 55400CIV3D_2008_0F: (Total of 2 licenses issued; Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of 85562BLDSYS_2011_0F: (Total of 1 license issued; Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of 73000BLDSYS_2010_0F: (Total of 1 license issued; Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of 59900BLDSYS_2009_0F: (Total of 1 license issued; Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of 55600BLDSYS_2008_0F