Thread: Equipment vs. Fixture Tags (Electrical)

Login to Give a bone

Default Equipment vs. Fixture Tags (Electrical)

So my latest issue that I've come across with Revit MEP '11 is in the tags on circuited electrical equipment and fixtures. On fixtures and devices the tag clearly shows the circuit number, however whenever trying to tag a piece of equipment, such as a disconnect the tag doesn't allow for me to show the circuit number. Instead it displays whatever information is in the "mark" field.

I tried to edit the label within the Electrical EQUIPMENT tag and it doesn't appear that there is any way to have it display the circuit number the way that the FIXTURE tags do.

I imagine that the only way around this would be creating a custom tag as I've done a little searching on here but i'm not sure how to go about doing this. Any insight or if this has been discussed in another thread a link would be appreciated.

Thank you

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Equipment vs. Fixture Tags (Electrical)

In regards to tagging disconnects to show circuits, I typically have been drawing home runs with the wire command, and then tagging the wire to show the panel/ckt number.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Equipment vs. Fixture Tags (Electrical)

Quote Originally Posted by rvellia View Post
    In regards to tagging disconnects to show circuits, I typically have been drawing home runs with the wire command, and then tagging the wire to show the panel/ckt number.
    I tried that work around before too, the only problem with that is that in the view that I'm working in we're not showing the home runs and wires. And as such the tag doesn't if the Wire's aren't displayed.

Have been playing around with creating a custom tag family but if the category is set to fixture, It won't be compatible with tagging equipment.