Thread: Revit Standards Library

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Default Revit Standards Library

I have spent a bit of time essentially re-drawing or modifying detail views containing our standard details library from normal vanilla CAD in Revit.

What I want to do is export each view separately so it can be imported and dropped in to a project as required. Is there any way to export an individual view as an item I can drop in later? I don't want them as detail items, they can just stay as drafting views.

Or alternatively, is this something I leave in a "project" which is where I have drawn them in a company standard project template, and copy/paste them as required?

I thought there was a way to export singular views but I truly can not seem to find it.
    I remember this being available in 2009 version but we have since upgraded to 2010/2011 and neither of them seem to have this option, or at least not located where it used to be.

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Revit Standards Library

We have created a project file that contains all of our typical details as drafting views. If someone wants to use these views in their project, they go to the Insert Tab -> Insert from File -> Insert Views from File. Once you browse to the location of the typical details file, you can load in the views that you want - they come in as new drafting views.

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Ok great thanks!
    Yeah that's essentially what I have done, drawn all these details in a 'blank' project template, as drafting views so they can just be inserted as required.

Still, I thought there was a way to export views individually and then drop them in as a sort of 'block'. Maybe thats going along the lines of making them a 'dumb' family though..

Thanks anyways, what you suggest will suffice for their purpose!

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

You can also right click on a view in the project browser and click "Save to New File," which will create a .rvt file that contains the drafting view. Maybe that's what you're thinking of? I think it might get a bit unmanageable, however, to have a bunch of different .rvt files, each containing only one view.