Thread: error related to DOE-2 simulation

Login to Give a bone

Unhappy error related to DOE-2 simulation

My first question is why can't I copy the error text that the GBS site is giving me?

The error stated in the Run Status: box is"Issue: An error has occurred related to the DOE-2 simulation. It is below and may be of assistance in determining the issue with your building model. If it is unclear what the issue is, please submit the issue at the link below and include the gbXML file used for this run. <br>*51632*Y=-7214.95 [..] *ERROR****************************VALUE NOT BETWEEN -2000.00 AND 2000.000..."

There is no option to submit the issue or include the gbXML file through the mention "link below."

Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: error related to DOE-2 simulation

Quote Originally Posted by jilldalglish View Post
    My first question is why can't I copy the error text that the GBS site is giving me?

The error stated in the Run Status: box is"Issue: An error has occurred related to the DOE-2 simulation. It is below and may be of assistance in determining the issue with your building model. If it is unclear what the issue is, please submit the issue at the link below and include the gbXML file used for this run. <br>*51632*Y=-7214.95 [..] *ERROR****************************VALUE NOT BETWEEN -2000.00 AND 2000.000..."

There is no option to submit the issue or include the gbXML file through the mention "link below."

Any help is appreciated. Thank you.
    I am getting the same error. The link below does not submit to the technical support it just goes to the knowledge base and there is not information reagarding the error.

Login to Give a bone

I have run into the same error, I think it has to do with the building coordinates in the revit model. Any one make any progress in working around it?

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

The support for Green Building Studio is just plain terrible. The instructions that I downloaded from the Autodesk site are out of date, inaccurate, and incomplete. For example, I used "Getting Started with Web Service Tools for Whole Building Analysis," which I found in the Help section of the Green Building Studio website. The document is dated 2010, and it instructs the user to download a Web-Service Client from the Downloads tab. Not only is the Web-Service Client file not present on the Downloads tab, it isn't even necessary any more (which I only found out after wasting a nice amount of time trying to locate the thing). I found another instructional Autodesk document on the web: "Using Green Building Studio with Revit Architecture and Revit MEP." This document at least explains how the model should be set up in Revit--something that the "Getting Started" file did not do. However, it didn't provide any insight at all into troubleshooting errors. This, I had to figure out on my own. Actually, I didn't figure it out, I just deleted the offending rooms (which, fortunately, we didn't need).

But I digress.... The first problem was actually getting past Step 2 of the New Project set-up, entering the project location:

step two of death.png

If you are not in Internet Explorer or Firefox, you will be pressing the Go button for a very long time without any result. Trust me, I was using Google Chrome and I pressed it for two days. This is just another example of inferior support. If you can't put "No Google Chrome" in the user manual, at least generate an error message somewhere so I know that I'm pressing the button right and/or that the site isn't just malfunctioning.

The second problem was uploading the file, which just wasn't happening. The nonsensical error (which I can't reproduce no matter how hard I try to mess the model up) read:

There is too much floor and ceiling area in the gbXML file received by Green Building Studio: Floor and ceiling area = 338 m2Building area = 269 m2The floor and ceiling area must be within 20% of the building area to perform meaningful energy analysis.
    Eventually, I discovered a number of gaps in wall placement and also some overlapping rooms (which actually weren't overlapping... I ended up deleting them because they weren't necessary anyway). I also discovered a missing floor. But this was after a lot of time consuming head-scratching and hair-pulling that could have been avoided if Autodesk simply told me what the problem was. Word to the wise: it's a good idea to run an error report before uploading the model.

This takes me to the last error, today's error, which I also can't figure out how to resolve:

q1.png

The Autodesk Forum is useless. Green Building Studio questions languish there for years:

graveyard.png

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

In case anyone ever runs across this thread again (out here in the wilderness).... It looks like the DOE-2 error might be caused when you leave a check the "Include Thermal Properties" box:

Include Thermal Properties.png

Login to Give a bone

Any aswer about this issue? I've the same problem. Thanks in advance!

Login to Give a bone

I am getting the same error of jilldalglish. Any aswer about this issue? i'm modeling with vasari, then export the gbxml file and upload it into GBS.. I think the way to uncheck "include thermal properties" is valid only for revit. Thank you in advance!