Thread: Facilities Management and Revit

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Default Facilities Management and Revit

My architecture firm is planning to approach a Client with multiple buildings to convert their account from CAD to Revit. Do any of you have a success story as to how a building owner/ facility manager uses Revit files to manage facilities? I am looking for case studies to share with our Client.

Login to Give a bone

Thumbs up Re: Facilities Management and Revit

Quote Originally Posted by nateouren View Post
    My architecture firm is planning to approach a Client with multiple buildings to convert their account from CAD to Revit. Do any of you have a success story as to how a building owner/ facility manager uses Revit files to manage facilities? I am looking for case studies to share with our Client.
    I have heard of many facilities (like mine) who are starting out, but, I haven't seen any comprehensive case studies where all of the pieces are in place just yet and used in daily management.

My Director recently showed me some notes about BYU that indicates they're a lot further along than they were the last time I checked.

I haven't been able to find much information with the search terms I'm using...
    I did see this snazzy video, though... http://vimeo.com/13178188

I'm mainly just getting a lot of hits on how they've incorporated BIM into their curriculum.

I saw a good webcast earlier this year, it was a case study of a hospital using BIM, and it was really good... up until I asked how the model was being managed post-construction (and the answer was... it wasn't).

I'd love to see any post-construction case studies anyone runs across, too.
    Melanie Stone
    @MistresDorkness

Archibus, FMS/FMInteract and AutoCAD Expert (I use BricsCAD, Revit, Tandem, and Planon, too)
    Technical Editor
    not all those who wander are lost

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Facilities Management and Revit

nateouren

I have worked on a couple in our office. They go very well when the FM personnel (and their superiors) are on board. The biggest hurdle is to get them (the client) to see the potentials. Everything from FM tools to campus wide data-mangement not to mention web apps, are hugh! There is a need for the creation of 'standards' to an FM model and every campus is different and every model is too.

Jason Andersen
    CASE | 31 Perry St | 4th Floor
    www.case-inc.com

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Facilities Management and Revit

http://www.bdcnetwork.com/bim-not-just-new-buildings

Here's a story about Ohio State University Medical Center going from AutoCAD to Revit (although, it sounds like mainly interiors and finishes, not necessarily encompassing building systems (MEPFP) yet?).

They also mention that Western Michigan University had undertaken a similar initiative (although with much less space).
    Melanie Stone
    @MistresDorkness

Archibus, FMS/FMInteract and AutoCAD Expert (I use BricsCAD, Revit, Tandem, and Planon, too)
    Technical Editor
    not all those who wander are lost