Thread: Cannot Edit my Profiles?

Login to Give a bone

Unhappy Cannot Edit my Profiles?

Hello there. I recently started at a new firm, and am working my way through my first project. However, any time I attempt to edit a profile (adding a PVI, or anything of the sort), it processes almost all the way through, then hangs my computer until I hit ESCAPE. It adds the PVI, recomputes my slopes (my labels all update), updates the corridor, and then just... sits there. A look at my Task Manager shows it eating all 100% of my processor, and I tried letting it chew on the task through lunch, to no avail. Hitting the escape button, though, will undo any changes made by the command, and return me to a command prompt.

Any thoughts?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Cannot Edit my Profiles?

Sounds a lot like a hardware/driver problem. Or maybe an installation problem.

Have you tried the standard reboot/repair/reinstall progression with Civil 3D?

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by sinc View Post
    Sounds a lot like a hardware/driver problem. Or maybe an installation problem.

Have you tried the standard reboot/repair/reinstall progression with Civil 3D?
    Well... no... because this is Day 2 on this PC. And it was working fine with the previous occupant of the seat I'm currently in. And... the PM in the next room has the exact same issue, which tells me it's drawing (or possibly project) specific. I'm about to suggest we have to blow up our base file and start again, but that's going to make the PM very angry. I don't think I'd like him when he's angry. He's already a little green around the temples.

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Try bringing the surfaces, alignments and profiles into a NEW drawing (using your template) via data shortcuts, promote them, and then see what happens with the regen/recalc when you edit them. I find that 99% of anything weird in AutoCAD/Civil3D happens within a specific drawing, probably corrupt somehow. You could also AUDIT the drawing to see if that helps... but I doubt it.