Thread: Revit 2010 anti-aliasing option

Login to Give a bone

Default Revit 2010 anti-aliasing option

I've been experimenting with the anti-aliasing option in the Options->Graphics tab in RAC 2010...

Not sure if anyone else has bothered looking at this, but I assume that it enables some of the anti-aliasing features of your graphics card - possibly it needs setting to 'let application decide' in the driver? - rather than being something done within Revit itself?

Anyway, even with a Quadro FX 3800 on a large-ish model with lots of lines in the model hatch patterns it has a big impact on performance in orbiting the model - and it doesn't look nicer anyway - the AA seems to thicken lines.

In the end I achieved the nicest, fastest results by just bumping up the resolution of my 30" Eizo monitor to 2560 x 1600 and setting the Windows font size to 120 dpi, and leaving AA off in Revit.

Just thought I'd mention it, and I'd be interested to know if anyone else has had better results or noticed any difference when enabling this option.

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Revit 2010 anti-aliasing option

Thanks for sharing your test. I also tried the AA in Revit 2011 with the Quadro FX 3800, but did not like. There was no significant improvement and performance decreased in orbit, making some elements (3D CAD MODEL) flashes during movements.

I did not find much information about the performance of Revit with the Quadro FX 3800. When I start Revit, a message appears stating that my driver is younger than that tested by Autodesk Revit, but I do not think this generates a problem working with the program. However, I believe that would be great if Autodesk provides a specific driver to use Revit with the Nvidia Quadro series, just as there is for Autocad and 3DS MAX.

Thank you.