See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Custom Parameter in Title Block

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default Custom Parameter in Title Block

I want to create two parameters in a Titleblock that would allow our Planner to enter submittal dates separate from the already provided date parameters that our CDs would follow.
    In other words I need the following:
    Planning Original Submittal date
    Planning Current Revision date
    CD Issue date
    CD revision date

I've tried creating a shared parameter, but not being familiar w/ them I do not know how to access this info once I go to my project. Any direction would be appreciated.

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Custom Parameter in Title Block

Marc,

After you create the shared parameters in your title block file and then import the title block into your template you will need to go to Manage --> Project Parameters. You will then need to click on the "Add.." button then you can choose your shared parameters from your shared parameter file and assign them to the proper categories, etc.

Hope this helps.

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by JKOHL View Post
    Marc,

After you create the shared parameters in your title block file and then import the title block into your template you will need to go to Manage --> Project Parameters. You will then need to click on the "Add.." button then you can choose your shared parameters from your shared parameter file and assign them to the proper categories, etc.

Hope this helps.
    That is awesome!! Thanks!!

Login to Give a bone

OK, I've created new custom parameters called Sheet Creation Date and Scale in the Identity Data portion of my Title Block. They show up fine in the Titleblock.rfa file. However, when I load the rfa file into the project, the values show up as Sheet Creation Date and Scale under Identity Data, but when I enter values for them they don't show up on the sheet. I have tried going to manage in the Project and adding these parameters there, with no effect. I literally spent all day yesterday trying various methods to make it work, to no avail.

Another odd thing that is happening is that when I load the family into the project and go to Families > Titleblocks > My Titleblock, it shows 3 different titleblocks there - Sheets, Drawing Sheets, and Titleblocks. I fear now that I have somehow corrupted the family file beyond redemption and may need to start over from scratch. However, I thought I would check here first to see if there is a way to fix it, and also for me to gain more insight into how parameters work.

I'm attaching my family file, and the shared parameters files I've tried to make.

Thanx in advance.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Login to Give a bone

You need to load those same shared parameters that you created in your titleblock into each project the titleblock will be used (suggest adding them to your template as well)
    Michael "MP" Patrick
    "I only drink :coffee: until it's acceptable to drink :beer: or :whiskey: or :wine:"

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by MP View Post
    You need to load those same shared parameters that you created in your titleblock into each project the titleblock will be used (suggest adding them to your template as well)
    I realize that I need to do this, and spent all day yesterday trying to do exactly that, however, I am obviously doing something wrong, but can't seem to figure out what.

All of the pre-loaded parameters work just fine. The custom parameters do show up under Identity Data in the properties palette. If someone could show me the exact way to now have them show up in the Titleblock, it would be a huge help. I realize I am missing something, but simply cannot figure out what it is.

I'm using Revit Architecture 2011.

Login to Give a bone

OK, here is what I am doing, step by step:

In the Family File (rfa) I have inserted 2 labels, one called Creation Date, and one called Scale. I have inserted them into their proper location on the titleblock, and formatted them. They show up fine on the title block.

Now I go to Manage Tab, Shared Parameters. I create a new group called Identity Data, then 2 new parameters called Creation Date and Scale of type: Text. Then I hit OK.

Now I save the rfa file, and load it into my project. The Labels Creation Date and Scale do not show up on the Titleblock. I go to Manage Tab>Shared Parameters and the box that opens shows a parameter group of Identity Data, with the parameters Creation Date and Scale. I click OK. There is no sample text where Creation Date and Scale should be, however there is an entry in element Properties for Creation Date and Scale. I enter Not to Scale for the Scale value, and February 6, 2011 for Creation Date. They show up in the element properties values, but not on the Sheet.

Sorry, but I am simply baffled.

It seems my rvt project file is too large to upload, but it contains the RAE parameters file.

Login to Give a bone

OK, now I go into the Project with my titleblock family loaded.

I go to manage tab, shared parameters. Under Group Identity Data, Creation Date and Scale are shown. I click on each and review Properties, they show correctly.

Now I go to Project Parameters>highlight Creation Date, click shared parameter, then select, then I select Creation Date, as an instance, group it under Identity Data, under category Sheets, and click on ok. It says the selected parameter has already been added. I do the same thing for Scale and it says the selected parameter has already been added.

Again, both Parameters show up in the Properties Palette, but not on the sheet itself?

I'm missing something, but am clueless as to what it is.

Login to Give a bone

Did you set your parameter to Sheets under Categories?
    Michael "MP" Patrick
    "I only drink :coffee: until it's acceptable to drink :beer: or :whiskey: or :wine:"

Login to Give a bone

BTW, this is now my RAE shared parameters file
    Attached Files Attached Files

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast