Thread: Control vertex problem in Autodesk Maya 2010.

Login to Give a bone

Smile Control vertex problem in Autodesk Maya 2010.

Hi Friends,
    I am new to Autodesk Maya. I have Maya 2010. I am learning it myself. I have a video tutorial of Human Head Modeling and am Trying to model a human head from it. But I got some problems with vertex. I am not able to get correct result. I made some changes in settings but still I am not getting correct result. So I need your help and hope you all will help me.

Below is the link of image of the tutorial [I want that result]........................

And Below is the link of image which result I am getting...........

So pl. Help Me why I am not getting correct result? What changes should I make in settings?

I also have attached images of that problem. Pl. check it.

Maya 1. jpg is the result which I want and Maya2.jpg is the result which I am getting..

Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Control vertex problem in Autodesk Maya 2010.

Congrats on your first post, and welcome to the forums!

I'm guessing you got your result by single-selecting a vertex and manipulating, instead of window-selecting a 'vertex' (which is really all vertexes in that location from the right side, orthographically).

Watch your tutorial again... I bet the tutor is window-selecting, which permits uniform manipulation of vertexes, instead of the non-uniform manipulation you're getting.

Hope this helps!
    "How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

Sincpac C3D ~ Autodesk Exchange Apps

Computer Specs:
    Dell Precision 3660, Core i9-12900K 5.2GHz, 64GB DDR5 RAM, PCIe 4.0 M.2 SSD (RAID 0), 16GB NVIDIA RTX A4000

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Control vertex problem in Autodesk Maya 2010.

It looks like you're only selecting one vertex at a time and moving it. But you're modeling with a cube shape, so that means that you should be selecting all verticies behind the one you're trying to move as well as the one you're trying to move.
    So instead of just clicking once to grab the vertex you see, you have to click and drag a selection over the vertex, so it selects the verticies behind it as well.