Thread: House External

Login to Give a bone

Default House External

I have been labouring with Maxwell and Octane and decided due to the bad workflow..modelling in AutoCAD Architecture, converting thru max to either maxwell or octane, making adjustments to materials, uv mapping etc. then importing into renderer, assigning materials,lights etc. then rendering (maxwell 10 hours, octane 0.5 hour) I gave ACA 2011 another try. I primarily document working drawings, so ACA is my prime software.
    This render was all ACA 2011, with some RPC content. Much better work flow, and allow it lacks the photo realism of the others, the client doesn't really mind. I am downloading more RPC content as I used it way back and it has improved a lot. I need to add some dirt and play with bump maps to improve this image
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by westcad; 2010-09-23 at 09:09 AM. Reason: Updated Image

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: House External

We've gone a total 180 in the last few years. 5yrs ago, the big push was for photo-realistic. So we did that. Then the clients started wondering if they were going to have any influence on the design because the renderings looked so complete. So, just about every image we produce for client meetings now come straight from sketch-up. Even now that we've moved on to Revit. The renderings look to hard-lined. That's why I loved the look you got with Accurender & ADT (Back in the day) You got a great idea of what the final product was going to look light without have it look like the design was totally complete. Just enough detail to paint the picture without making the client feel like his input is no longer needed. My only complaint over the years with the OOTB content for rendering in either Acad or ADT/ACA has been the lack of good materials and the difficulty in making new materials. Accurender was great for that. Set you sub-components to a color of your choice and map the color to a Accurender material. You could do Sketchy or almost photo-realistic.