Thread: ABS2007 Xrefs Pathing wrong?

Login to Give a bone

Default ABS2007 Xrefs Pathing wrong?

So in my 2007 ABS project the xrefs are set to relative path. However when dragged in from navigator they path with a full path. Also the xref paths are not pointing to our standard main projects drive / folder. Instead they are pathed as a network path to the mapped drive instead of to the mapped drive's letter and subsequent folders.

IE

T:\main projects\someproject\current\constructs (WAY IT SHOULD BE)
    vs
    \\server1\main projects\someproject\...... (WAY IT IS ACTING)

This makes it a pain as I take projects home where i have a local folder mapped to the T:\ drive. Unfortunately any changes to xrefs here in the office cause the pathing to get screwy.

All files associated with the project under edit project are pointed to T:\ for the standard folders such as constructs and elements. Nothing is mapped via \\server1\..\..\..

HELP!

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: ABS2007 Xrefs Pathing wrong?

I might be wrong about this but check your network drive mapping on your local machine. If you do not have the network drive mapped to your local machine properlty, ie: Drive W: mapped to the network partition where your project files are, when you drag your project file into your drawing, it will only pick up the definition of the network map as you are experiencing. I will check on this answer today and let you know if I am wrong.

There should be a network script set up by your IT department that automatically sets up your network mappings of virtual drive letters including the location of your project files. If this is not happening when you log in, the identity of the drive location of your project files will come in incorrectly.