Thread: Filled Regions with Model type Patterns in Halftone

Login to Give a bone

Default Filled Regions with Model type Patterns in Halftone

Warm hello to All,

This is the first time I'm posting in the forums.

I understand model type pattern is the key to being able to align say region fill for floor tiles. However, upon changing my drafting type pattern to model type, the filled region becomes a gray color/halftone.

Even though I un-ticked the print setting to convert the half-tones to thin lines, it didn't really reflect on the print out.

Can anyone please suggest a solution for this or is there a better way to control my pattern alignment so that I wouldn't have to worry about my model patterns changing into halftone.

Thanks in advance!

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Filled Regions with Model type Patterns in Halftone

Hi Carino,

Welcome to the forum.

Rather than using a filled region for tiles on a floor, I would generally create a separate floor type for the ceramic tiles and pretty much mimic how it is actual built on site.

Thus I would model the floor itself as normal, and then place a second floor (15mm thick) at 15mm above the level. This floor has the ceramic tile (or similar) as the finish. Nothing to align and once you have created your new floor type takes a few seconds to place.

Cheers,

Ian

Login to Give a bone

I found out how to properly align a model pattern to my liking however, the next issue is why it displays in halftone as a model type pattern. So how can I make it print out black?

Ian,

Thank you very much for the quick reply. In creating a new floor model, does the surface pattern automatically align itself from the centroid of the floor? If so, this would be the best solution and I would definitely follow your instructions.

Brian
    Last edited by Aspertine; 2010-09-30 at 08:14 AM. Reason: new found knowledge

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Hi Brian,

I must say I have never checked if the pattern is based from the centroid of the floor or not.

In relation to the printing issue, I think it probably has to do with the way Revit deals with the line weight of each.

Once you have converted the model pattern to a drafting pattern, try increasing the line weight from 1 to 3 or 4. I get a pretty good black at around this level of line weight.

See attached jpg.

Hope this helps,

Ian
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by designs241018; 2010-09-30 at 10:37 AM.

Login to Give a bone

Ian,

I was aiming at having a model pattern on plan view. Drafting pattern works completely fine and gives me the right black print results. However model pattern still is in halftone/gray in plan view. I need to use model pattern for plan view because its the only way I can align the patterns as my superiors wants them to be. They love giving the young ones a hard time I must say, haha, but its all part of the job. Anyway, these model patterns print out fine on 3d view, as black as drafting patterns are in plan view. Is this how model patterns behave? Black results on 3d view and halftone/gray on plan view?

I want to see black model patterns on my plan view.

Thanks for the feedbacks!

Brian

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Just check the color settings on the color that is being used for the hatch.
    You may find that it is a ( RGB 192, 192, 192 or RGB 128, 128, 128 )
    which in most cases will print out as a reduced grey scale.

Login to Give a bone

Lightbulb Re: Filled Regions with Model type Patterns in Halftone

After giving up on trying to achieve this, I decided to work on something else in the project until my superior asked me to change a criss cross pattern's lines into dotted ones. I don't know if there is any setting in revit to do this and the first thing that came to mind was to create a custom fill pattern.

Surprisingly, after creating a model type custom pattern, when I updated my filled region, everything went into place. I finally have a model pattern that isn't a halftone and displaying correctly as I wanted it.

Revit has some funny weird spots. I'm happy it worked out eventually.

Login to Give a bone

Talking Re: Filled Regions with Model type Patterns in Halftone

This is the end of this post, I have finally understood for the gray/halftone behavior. It was caused by my drawing scale. It feels foolish but I'm glad to be enlightened.

Login to Give a bone

I am having issues with this problem as well. The image attached the model pattern is baked into the wall on the top 2 hour wall. I need to make an over ride wall pattern due to 2 walls being placed next to each other in a party wall condition and the pattern not reading clearly. So I created a stretchable detail family to achieve this but the same model hatch reads half tone. As in the rectangle below the line. Thoughts?Capture3.PNG

Login to Give a bone

Just stumbled on this post from last month - I'm having the same problems ...
    If you play with the scale, the hatch will go solid black at smaller scales, but will reach a threshold whereafter it goes grey !
    This is crazy !

Quote Originally Posted by krystal211 View Post
    I am having issues with this problem as well. The image attached the model pattern is baked into the wall on the top 2 hour wall. I need to make an over ride wall pattern due to 2 walls being placed next to each other in a party wall condition and the pattern not reading clearly. So I created a stretchable detail family to achieve this but the same model hatch reads half tone. As in the rectangle below the line. Thoughts?Capture3.PNG