Thread: Compound Vertical Walls - Brick w/ siding above (varying exterior face thickness)

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Default Compound Vertical Walls - Brick w/ siding above (varying exterior face thickness)

I have all of the regions split and assigned layers for the 2 varing functions of finish 1(4) to allow for varying materials, but I am unable to get the finish face of the siding to move inward - from the face of the brick? Reality is that the brick portion should be 3 5/8" with 2" air space behind, and the siding should be no air space 1/2" sheathing with clapboard siding. Difference of about 3".

The vertical component will be standard 3 5/8" brick with utility brick accent (3/4") corbel above. Above this will be thru wall flashing and hardi plank siding.

Please advise how I can get the thickness to reduce and move off the finish face of the wall thickness.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Compound Vertical Walls - Brick w/ siding above (varying exterior face thickness)

Quote Originally Posted by anc.181927 View Post
    I have all of the regions split and assigned layers for the 2 varing functions of finish 1(4) to allow for varying materials, but I am unable to get the finish face of the siding to move inward - from the face of the brick? Reality is that the brick portion should be 3 5/8" with 2" air space behind, and the siding should be no air space 1/2" sheathing with clapboard siding. Difference of about 3".

The vertical component will be standard 3 5/8" brick with utility brick accent (3/4") corbel above. Above this will be thru wall flashing and hardi plank siding.

Please advise how I can get the thickness to reduce and move off the finish face of the wall thickness.
    Welcome to AUGI and congrats on your first post

You need to use a stacked wall if the thicknesses of the wall objects varies. In your case, use your basic brick wall. Create another basic wall for the siding wall. Then, create a stacked wall using the two basic walls. When you create the stacked wall, you will give it an elevation for where the two walls meet.