Thread: View Title: Label Read first character of Detail Number Only?

Login to Give a bone

Question View Title: Label Read first character of Detail Number Only?

Hi All,

Currently working at a firm that is developing their standards. I am trying to push them towards keeping full revit functionality at the same time trying to give them visually what they need.

current Issue: Interior Elevations. They want a certain look. In the sheet the details are numbers as so: 1a, 1b, 1c, 1d, 2a, 2b, 2c, 2d and so on. I have developed a tag that places the detail number directly under the elevation how they want and also puts the other additional title information down and to the right of the elevation. The problem is that with that additional information they want a large detail number but the kicker is they want it to only say "1", "2", etc. is there a way to get the label to read just the first character of the detail number field from the view? or a way to add a text field to the view (similar to the "Title on Sheet"? I would use the title on sheet field but it is already being used.

What i'm trying to do may be difficult to understand but hopefully someone out there can help.

I would like the "2a" near "123 Workroom" to read "2"

the 2a is a label field from the tag that read the detail number as is the smaller "2a", "2b", "2c", "2d".

thank in advance for any help
    Attached Files Attached Files

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: View Title: Label Read first character of Detail Number Only?

Yeah, I think I understand and see what you are trying to do, but Revit currently doesn't have the ability you want out of the box...and I just checked, and you can't add shared parameters to a view title family, so that's out of the question too...sorry for the bad news. If they are dead set on doing it this way, then your only option would be dummy text...ugh...I'd change how I did it if possilbe before using dumb text.

Login to Give a bone

Red face Re: View Title: Label Read first character of Detail Number Only?

I've convinced them to adapt Yay! Victory for remaining nimble and agile in an ever changing world....