Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Callout Reference Label

Login to Give a bone

Default Callout Reference Label

When placeing a Callout that references another Callout, the default Reference Label is "Sim". I have created additional Types with Reference Labels "Opp", "Typ". However, if I have multiple Callouts referencing one original Callout, they all use only one Label. If i need one to say "Opp", and other to say "Typ", it does't happen. If i change the Type of one, others change their type to that. So they are all saying "Typ", or they are all saying "Opp". Can't have them say different things. What am I doing wrong?

This exact scenerio works with the Reference Label of an Elevation tag. issue seems only with Detail Callout. Am I doing something wrong, or is this a bug?

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Callout Reference Label

Quote Originally Posted by French Quarters View Post
    When placeing a Callout that references another Callout, the default Reference Label is "Sim". I have created additional Types with Reference Labels "Opp", "Typ". However, if I have multiple Callouts referencing one original Callout, they all use only one Label. If i need one to say "Opp", and other to say "Typ", it does't happen. If i change the Type of one, others change their type to that. So they are all saying "Typ", or they are all saying "Opp". Can't have them say different things. What am I doing wrong?

This exact scenerio works with the Reference Label of an Elevation tag. issue seems only with Detail Callout. Am I doing something wrong, or is this a bug?
    duplicate the callout bubble, rename it, and change the reference label in the copy would probably work

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Jones DDP View Post
    duplicate the callout bubble, rename it, and change the reference label in the copy would probably work
    Nope, it doesn't.

Your original view's Reference Label parameter setting controls the reference label for any and all callouts or other views that reference that original view.

Elevations work because the mark body and the mark pointer can be set separately to different elevation view types. So your original elevation might have its type set with SIM, but then you can create another elevation type with OPP, place another elevation referencing your original, and change the mark body (the circle or square) to your OPP type.

This has been an issue for many releases now. Way back in version 7 and before, this worked correctly. You could set different sections referencing an original to have different reference labels. This is long overdue to be fixed. The reference label REALLY needs to be an instance parameter.

Login to Give a bone

Yes, I agree. I have 3 detail types. One without a label, one with SIM. and one with OH. It works great if you are referencing a modeled detail view. But if i try to reference a drafting view with one callout (no label) and another using OH label type, Revit wants to use the same type for both because they are referencing the same view. They should be independant of one another. This feature does not work if you are referencing a single drafting view multiple times with different conditions/types. That's a shame - i will wish list it if it hasnt already been done so.

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

So this appears to still be an issue in Revit 2015. If you guys are still dealing with it as well, here's one possible work around.

If you edit the callout bubble head and create multiple labels all on top of each other that each have their own associated parameters for content and visibility, you could then have one view callout type, but on an instance basis choose which label (SIM, OH, TYP) shows on each one. At least in my head this would work, I haven't actually tried to set it up.

Either way, it seems like a lot of work around to fix something that should just be an instance parameter in the first place.

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Does anyone know if this has been fixed in 2016 or is planned for 2017? Our office is still using 2015 and it is still a problem. I want to add it to the Wishlist but not if it was already taken care of in 2016.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by kharding608604 View Post
    Does anyone know if this has been fixed in 2016 or is planned for 2017? Our office is still using 2015 and it is still a problem. I want to add it to the Wishlist but not if it was already taken care of in 2016.
    Nope, it still does not work. A live section, and any other section marks that refer to that live one, will always be the same view type. If you change one of them, they all change.

Login to Give a bone

Hey Factory Guy
    Why can't we get this fixed?
    It's been a Known issue for what 10+ Years?

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by david_peterson View Post
    Hey Factory Guy
    Why can't we get this fixed?
    It's been a Known issue for what 10+ Years?
    Just like the Print Collate function has been broken for 10+ years. On that one they pretty much told me straight up that they don't care.

Login to Give a bone

Has this ever been fixed?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast