Thread: LTSCALE

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Default LTSCALE

I'm working with a number of drawings from different sources, one Xref'd into another then into a plot sheet. The the LTSCALE, MSLTSCALE, PSLTSCALE are object LTSCALE are all different. What is a good common ltscale I can set each of the ltscales too to get predictable results. Thanks.

Certifiable AUGI Addict ccowgill's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: LTSCALE

I typically have all 4 settings set to 1 then the linetype scale is set via viewport or annotation scale

Login to Give a bone

We also set all those variables to 1 in the 2009 release.

The only caveat is your title block in paper space has to be at 1:1 and the scales are set in your viewports.

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

By setting the ltscale to 1, most of the linetypes are not visible in MS where I'm doing the drafting. We want a 'what you see is what you get' template. An LT scale of 4 or 6 seems to work OK. I also noticed the original ltscale doesn't affect the linetype scale in the MS of the drawing it's Xref'd into but the LT scale of the object does. Does everyone use an LT scale of 1? Thanks.

Login to Give a bone

If you set all the linetype variables discussed above to 1, including LTSCALE, the annotation scale will control the appearance of linetypes in model space. We never used to use a LTSCALE of 1 until the addition of the MSLTSCALE variable in 2008. Now everything is so much easier. So to address your WSYIWYG concern just set the annotation scale to 4 or 6 and the linetypes will look the way you want.

Certifiable AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by bryan.thatcher View Post
    By setting the ltscale to 1, most of the linetypes are not visible in MS where I'm doing the drafting. We want a 'what you see is what you get' template. An LT scale of 4 or 6 seems to work OK. I also noticed the original ltscale doesn't affect the linetype scale in the MS of the drawing it's Xref'd into but the LT scale of the object does. Does everyone use an LT scale of 1? Thanks.
    With PSLTSCALE & MSLTSCALE set to 1 and Annotation Scale set to the same as in the layout Viewports the linetypes will display exactly the same 'WYSIWYG'. That's why MSLTSCALE was introduced. I use 1 for LTSCALE, MSLTSCALE & PSLTSCALE as well.

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

What if I have different annotation scales in model space?

Certifiable AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by bryan.thatcher View Post
    What if I have different annotation scales in model space?
    If you have multiple viewports with different annotation scales you can only set the annotation scale in model space to match the display in one viewport at a time.

PSLTSCALE allows linetypes to display exactly the same in a viewport as in it's layout. That means linetypes in a 1:20 scaled viewport are scaled up 20 times while linetypes in a 1:40 scaled viewport are scaled up 40 times.

By setting MSLTSCALE to 1 and the annotation scale in model space to match the display of a viewport the linetypes display exactly the same in model space as in the viewport.

I could stop if I wanted to CadDog's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by jpaulsen View Post
    If you set all the linetype variables discussed above to 1, including LTSCALE, the annotation scale will control the appearance of linetypes in model space. We never used to use a LTSCALE of 1 until the addition of the MSLTSCALE variable in 2008. Now everything is so much easier. So to address your WSYIWYG concern just set the annotation scale to 4 or 6 and the linetypes will look the way you want.
    Thanks Jpaulsen,

I have been looking into why things were working the way they were...

Pre Annotation Scale we ran a lisp to move from m to p. This lisp would check where you were and where you wanted to move to and set a few items like:

--- ltscale
    --- text size
    --- psltscale
    --- dimscale
    --- dimassoc
    --- dimlfac

Now with Annotation Scale don'e need to set ltscale and you help me understand why. Now our lisp leave ltscale at 1 all the time on all 2008 and beyond files.

Thanks again...