Thread: crossing pipe style and hidden linetype

Login to Give a bone

Default crossing pipe style and hidden linetype

We use a hidden linetype to denote existing pipes. when I use the profile view override style and use a style set up for crossing pipes, my ellipses show up as a continuous line. if i zoom in very very very close, it's the hidden linetype, but no matter what combination of ltscales and zoom factors, and object ltscales, I can't get it to show up as hidden linetype ellipse.

anybody else run into this issue? is it the pellipse, and plinegen? I can't find those settings for a crossing pipe.

please help!

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: crossing pipe style and hidden linetype

Make a paperspace viewport for the profile view and adjust the Annotation Scale factor from paperspace. Also check your pipe style. The styles for crossing pipes is controlled from the Section view tab, not the Profile view tab.

Login to Give a bone

So, what i have surmised, is that crossing pipes are not drawn as true ellipses according to the way the arcs, top and bottom of ellipse are continuous, with hidden line sections along long sides, act with my adjustments of the object scale (pipe properties, (edit) pipe style, display tab, view direction=profile).
    I got a weensie hidden linetype to show up, but nowhere near the scale of the other hidden linetypes. I still think it has to do with the way the ellipse is drawn, and thus linetype gen.

sorry, i did not follow your post about making ps viewport and adjusting annotation scale. I am using a 1:40 scale for my plan/profile sheet, so I'm not sure about how to "adjust", other than object lt scales. And I didn't follow where this sections tab is. All three view directions had layers chosen with the same linetype, (a different color to help determine which view shows up)
    i'm still very dense about where to change style components, for just this pipe or for the whole style, or ...
    and as soon as i figure it out, i'm sure it'll be changed by autodesk...

anyway, I'd appreciate any input!

Login to Give a bone

I believe Marv was referring to the Section View Direction. This is found in the Pipe Styles dialog on the Display tab. Make sure all your linetypes and ltscales are set correctly for the section view direction.