Thread: Basic Detail Components missing from Revit/AutoCAD Architecture detail component library

Login to Give a bone

Default Basic Detail Components missing from Revit/AutoCAD Architecture detail component library

I've searched around both Revit's (Architecture 2011) and AutoCAD Architecture 2011's detail component libraries (which I'm told are actually the same - Revit's was created from ACA) and can't find several basic details that I would assume would be included. No basic screws - both libraries contain lag screws, nails and bolts, but no basic screws. Also, no non-structural stud hangers for suspension systems (aka, hangers for suspended furring channels). In fact, the Keynote database includes section 09 22 26 Suspension Systems, but the detail component database does not contain a single detail from this section. While I can certainly create these detail components myself and add them to the library, I just wanted to confirm with some other users that I'm not missing anything (assuming I hear from one of you before Autodesk support).

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Basic Detail Components missing from Revit/AutoCAD Architecture detail component library

Try this website - http://www.cad-architect.net/http_ca...od_screws.htmv Not a lot of AutoCAD screws . . . See if it helps you!!

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Basic Detail Components missing from Revit/AutoCAD Architecture detail component library

Its not true that revits was created from ACA. Revits was created before ACA existed. They added the detail components back at R2.5 They may have added some since. But as far as I know they don't match.
    Scott D. Brown, AIA
    Senior Project Manager | Associate

BECK

Login to Give a bone

Anyone interested in detail component families might be interested in www.arcxl.com which now offers free access to a large library of completed construction details to verifiable architects and members of the AEC community. The component library is also now available with an activated account.

Obviously the advantage of completed details is time saved in the assembly of multiple components. The details have been created in Revit and are easily modified.

Thanks,

Mark Siever, AIA, CSI
    www.ARCxl.com

Login to Give a bone

Anyone have success with www.arcxl.com website?

Login to Give a bone

yes, I use it and love it. I do not use their notes, I use my own multi-category tags. but the site is a great starting place for details and detail components, just create a log in and project and your off and running.

Great site.
    Scott D. Brown, AIA
    Senior Project Manager | Associate

BECK

Login to Give a bone

I dont understand why my email address is posting when that's not my forum username??? Anyone know? Also, has anyone come across a detail component for veral? That would be nice. Thanks in advance.