Thread: Threaded Mode | Linear Mode Autodesk Robot 2011 - Printing and Word file problems

Login to Give a bone

Default Threaded Mode | Linear Mode Autodesk Robot 2011 - Printing and Word file problems

Problems not only for 2011 version ,but also for previous releases

Printing problems - Sometimes when I try to print many Screenshots in one print job , printed paper show up without the main area figure. Only the header and footer show up. The main area shows up blank or all Black !!!
    It gets worse when the screenshot is from a panel coloured map.

Word file - Is there any way to increase the figures resolution inside the .doc or .rtf file??When report is saved to a word file , printed figures show up in a much worse resolution , compared to when printed directly

thx

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Threaded Mode | Linear Mode Autodesk Robot 2011 - Printing and Word file problems

one of the answers found on Robot 2012 beta feature list
    http://depositfiles.com/files/z7xhdky19

Printouts
    Printout quality and functionality have been improved:
     You can now control the resolution for screen captures of construction views, thus improving the quality and legibility of the model’s view printouts.
     Screen captures can now be copied to the clipboard, making it easier to move the image directly to the documentation.
     Formatting of table printouts using HTML technology has been improved to allow adjusting printouts to the width of the page and enable diversity of the heights of rows, which results in optimally composed and esthetic table printouts.
     Screen capture dialog box functionality now includes direct definition of the screen capture note, current time and date adding, and image copying to the clipboard.
     Functionality of the printout composition dialog box has been changed to increase the size of printout components lists, add new functional buttons for the list of composed printouts, and eliminate default page division for added components.
     Edit/zoom mode functionality has been added to the printout preview toolbar.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Threaded Mode | Linear Mode Autodesk Robot 2011 - Printing and Word file problems

Hi,

I sometimes experience the same issue.

Usually, a "save-close program-reload RSA-open model-print" procedure does the trick. Also, printing is more stable in performance when your model window is de-maximised (for some strange reason!!).

Great post on the 2012 beta features - I look very much forward to more control of the printout / screen capture process.

Thomas

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas.11326 View Post
    Hi,

Usually, a "save-close program-reload RSA-open model-print" procedure does the trick. Also, printing is more stable in performance when your model window is de-maximised (for some strange reason!!).

Thomas
    yeah ,I also use this close/open file trick.I´ll try the de-maximised trick.
    I just installed the 64bit version.Maybe these "out of memory" printing problems are gone.

Login to Give a bone

It would be great, if you would share your experience with 64-bit version down the road.

I too experience these "out of memory"-problems regarding printout when working with larger models in my 32-bit version on a 2.8 GHz, 3 GB RAM, Windows XP system. Latest example is printing 20-30 model plots (no result maps) at a time for a 350 MB model file...

Login to Give a bone

Hi apologies for re-opening an old post. Anyway in response to Thomas's question. I have been using the 64 bit version and it has been doing some weird things when I make the report. The problem seems to arise when I take screenshots. My preferred method is to "preview" the report then print it off - some times it works fine. However, other times when I click "preview" ROBOT just stalls or it shows the preview but it keeps flashing and I cant print the report.

Has any one lese experienced these problems with screenshots?