Thread: Thickness in "Create Form" in Revit Arch 2011

Login to Give a bone

Default Thickness in "Create Form" in Revit Arch 2011

hello,
    i have problems defining a thickness from a form i have created thru the magic button in "family editor"/"conceptual mass editor" mode of revit architecture 2011.

also to basically create the form is hardship.
    my suggestion for a new public floor in a site at palermo, italy - seem to create great challenges for the model generator inside revit, several of my tries have only delivered the sad message "unable to create form".

this is how i tried making it. with 3d polylines arranged parallell in plan and individually deviations in z-axis/height that together form a wavy surface i imagine should be construced from concrete shells.

i want to have the thickness up to 400 millimeters - but it does not seem possible..

2 questions:
    - how to define or obtain a certain thickness on forms created thru the "create form"-button in revit conceptual mass editor?
    - what are the limits of complexity on the modelling engine inside revit, should i learn myselves rhino/3ds max?

yours,
    harald

Certifiable AUGI Addict Dimitri Harvalias's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Thickness in "Create Form" in Revit Arch 2011

You may want to create the form as a mass and then apply a 'roof by face' instead of trying to model the form as a single mass. You can set the thickness of your roof to the 400mm you want for the structure.
    Without knowing what the roof looks like you may also be able to create it a using a variety of other approaches. Can you post a quick sketch?