Thread: Hiding Sections by level

Login to Give a bone

Exclamation Hiding Sections by level

Hi evry one,

I want to hide/unhide my work sections by level on the view plans! For example: hide the work section that I created for the level "floor 1" so that I cant see them on the upper level?

It"s seems not possible by creating a filter!!

what do you advice me to do?

Thank's in advance

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Hiding Sections by level

The only way I know of to hide/unhide sections is to change the discipline they are associated with. But I think that might only work for actual sections and not sections that were created by "referenced other view".

Not the easiest option in the world, but that won't do it by level anyway now that I think about it. But if you organized your sections by level, it wouldn't be to bad. You open the level 2 floor plan, Select all the level 1 sections and change the discipline to Architectural. That will hide them in the structural view. But that's about the only way I can think of. It'd be a nice option. Wish List?

Certifiable AUGI Addict Dimitri Harvalias's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

As long as your section view is cropped and the extents of that crop region do not intersect with the level datum of the floor above, then the section mark should not be visible.

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

also if the section view is not placed on sheet, and the correct plot options are checked, the un-referenced section view tags will not plot. this is useful if you are using a working section view only to help model the project.

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

This is the best way, if they are "working" sections then you probably haven't placed them onto a sheet, simply when printing check the "hide unreferenced view tags" and they dont print.
    If you have placed them on a sheet for some reason and they are referenced, you have a few options,
    1. create a duplicate of the section type and name the type "working" make all your working sections this type and then you can go to the view you dont want to see them, select one working section then type "SA" in that view (select all) and then type "EH" (element hide in view) will hide all working sections in that view. Problem with this is every time you place a new working view you need to go and hide by element again.
    2. set them to not be visible at the scale of the parent view - in the section property box select "hide at scales smaller than"...and set you scale to say 1:20 then you wont see this particular section (set at that scale size) on any plan or view with a scale of 1:50 or 1:100 (or higher)