Thread: Flip Pipe Connector

Login to Give a bone

Question Flip Pipe Connector

Here is my issue...

I am creating a VAV Box family and have been able to flex the geometry to have RH and LH coil connections and control boxes.

The problem is with the coil connection connector. I have it set to the "nub" geometry for the coil connection, but when I change the box to a LH type the connector doesn't flip. The arrow is now pointing into the geometry.

Does anyone have a solution to make this connector flip as I flex the geometry?

Thanks,

Curt

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Flip Pipe Connector

I don't know of a way to mirror the connector direction using parameters. Instead we've used the 'control' tool. This allows us to put the connectors/controls on one side, then within the project I can mirror the box per instance. If you've never used them, it's on the home tab of the family editor. Then in the project when you select the vav box the blue arrows will appear and you can toggle what side your connectors are on.

Login to Give a bone

I think you need to be on the Floor Plan / Ref Level for that panel or button to be active. My vav boxes are oriented with the discharge down on the screen so the front of the box is in the front view. I use the "Double Horizontal" control to flip my box and connections from one side to the other. The button is on the Home tab, with a dotted line and two arrows going both left and right.

I have noticed that Price tried to get fancy and make their pipe connectors extend from the centerline of the unit, so that the could have the pipe connector stubouts be a positive or a negative number for left and right. But since one cannot control the orientation of the connector, their method does not work. And Titus went to the trouble to make LH and RH models.

Login to Give a bone

Worked Great!

Thanks