See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: AutoCAD drawing requirements for CAFM

Login to Give a bone

Default AutoCAD drawing requirements for CAFM

Dear All,

Does anyone have a definitive list of CAD drawing requirements for either Archibus or Planon software? I know it all depends on the CAFM software but as I understand, some CAFM software needs (for example) to have all text single line or all room GIA NIA to be polylined. This info would just be used as an indicator to the potential workload for updating current CAD drawings.

Thanks very much

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: AutoCAD drawing requirements for CAFM

Archibus uses Overlay and all drawing assets must either be a polyline or block. Ex. a room must be in the shape of a polyline in order for Archibus to catalogue it, therefore, calculate its area and allow highlighting. Information regarding the room itself is stored in the fields in ARCHIBUS. So the polyline will contain the room number, room type, room category, and any field you create in the corresponding table.
    Are you planning to use your AutoCad files as xrefs? That is what I am using for my work. So that I may draw my polylines on top.

I'm not 100% sure what you are asking in regards to the text...I'll try to answer what I think you may be asking.
    You cannot publish your original AutoCAD text objects in Overlay, hence all the text like data is stored within the tables/fields and the asset polylines are the links that call to the data via entity handles. At the same time, you can now query/show specific text data on your assets objects in Overlay. For example, show the Room ID and the Room Area only.

If you are referring to one line data in ARCHIBUS' windows client, then most of the fields prebuild are defined by data type for example it is a text, number or decimal field and they have preset sizes. Hence depending on the data you are talking about you will have to import that accordingly.