Thread: Interpolating levels

Login to Give a bone

Default Interpolating levels

Hi,

I am trying to create a basic surface model for a preliminary landscape plan. We have been given levels at certain locations but the information is fairly limited. So i am creating 3d polylines along landscape features such as the access road.

So i would like to know if there is a quick way of interpolating the levels along a 3d ployline / feature line.

For example I have 3 or 4 spots levels along a kerb line but which i can input on certain vertices. however i would like to avoid calculating the intermediary levels by hand. Is there a feature whereby Civil 3d will automatically calculate the intermediary levels between the spot levels?

There is a tool on 12D which allows you to do this quite easliy but i cannot find anything on Civil 3D.

Thanks

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Interpolating levels

I'm not entirely sure what you're looking for...

Possibly this? If you create a Feature Line, you can use the Elevation Editor to set intermediate grade points. In the first image, I keyed in starting elevations at the beginning and end of the feature line. Then I selected all of the stations, and hit the "Constant Grade or Slope" button indicated by the red circle. I then used the "Constant Slope" option, and the result is in the second image.

There are also many other commands, in case this isn't exactly what you're looking for. A lot of them are on the "Modify" tab in the Ribbon, in the "Edit Elevations" section, such as the "Quick Elevation Editor", "Set Grade/Slope Between Points", "Set Elevation By Reference", "Adjacent Elevations By Reference", et al.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Interpolating levels

Exactly what I was after! Thanks !