Thread: Revit .NWC files not updating

Login to Give a bone

Default Revit .NWC files not updating

Hi,

This is my first time posting on the forums because normally I can find exactly what I need, but I think this time I'm in over my head, guys.

I'm using Revit 2010 and exporting .nwc files to use in Navisworks. I've loaded the architectural model and have nwc's for each consultant (structure, MEP, plumbing). I used "append" and compiled all the models, repositioned them, and ran a clash. I then grouped these clashes based on areas, etc. It took a long time, but was nicely organized for our coordination meeting.

We received an update for our structural model, so I rewrote (overwrote) the .nwc file and opened the .nwf to update the clash detection session. Unfortunately, my .nwc of my structural model is not showing any updates. It's the same model from a week ago.

Any thoughts on what I could be doing wrong? If I re-append the file, I lose all of my clash groups and I can't afford to go through each time and re-group them (too many at this stage).

Thanks so much,
    Jacki

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Revit .NWC files not updating

Ok, I found this:
    http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=126142

And the source for my .nwc is in the incorrect location. Is there a way to redefine that source without appending a new model?

I could stop if I wanted to Teresa.Martin's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Question Re: Revit .NWC files not updating

Quote Originally Posted by jacki.craig View Post
    Ok, I found this:
    http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=126142

And the source for my .nwc is in the incorrect location. Is there a way to redefine that source without appending a new model?
    Hi. I do not believe there is currently. You can see the pathing, but here is now way to browse and change the pathing, alas. At least now without some behind the scenes API programming. Anyone else have some thoughts here?

Regards,

Login to Give a bone

Hi,

Close the nwf file in Navisworks. Delete or rename the corresponding file temporarily from the incorrect location. Open the nwf file in Navisworks. The Navisworks will prompt for the Unresolved external reference, give the correct file's location in that dialog.

Try this, i think the file location will change and your clash groups will also remain.
    I am not sure about this. Let me know if it works for you.

A.G

Login to Give a bone

itssoftmech,

That does, indeed work. I found another thread on here suggesting that the files remain in the same folder, and are copied to create an archive, as opposed to the typical practice we have of copying to create a new folder and renaming the old one to archive. Once I kept my "current" models in the same location, everything cleared up.

I appreciate the assistance from both of you!