Thread: Navisworks 2012 - New Features

I could stop if I wanted to Teresa.Martin's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Smile Navisworks 2012 - New Features

So the NDA was lifted as of 5:00 am this morning PST, so I can now talk about Navisworks Manage 2012. I go into more length on my blog about some of these features, but here are some things to check out when the trial becomes available:

1. Enhancements to Clash Detection. You know have an option to assign clashes to specific people and you can now export to a tabular HTML format. There are some other tweaks to the Clash results view overrides such as a wireframe option. Summary options also included on batch tab.

2. Switchback to Revit now supported! Yes!

3. Exporting of linked Revit models to Navisworks now supported! Yes!

4. Timeliner and Gantt view integration. You can now edit the Gantt view in tasks. The Gantt tab was just a viewer before, but now it is interactive. You can also filter tasks by their status
    5. Improved section and selection tools. Slight tweaks here, but users will appreciate them!

6. More support for Archicad, Pro/Engineer, Sketchup (v7) and other software.

7. Better graphics resolution.

8. Additional Options for Timeliner settings in the Options area (Application Menu>Options).

9. Vault Integration.

10. Support for DWFx as well as multisheet support--This could be really useful for some firms!

11. Appearance Profiler (was a subscription tool, now integrated).

12. Additional avatars besides T-Shirt and Hard Hat guy (was subscription, now integrated).

Hopefully, the 2012 trial download will be available soon. You will be able to download it here when it is available:
    http://usa.autodesk.com/navisworks/trial/

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Navisworks 2012 - New Features

Any ideas when 2012 or more specifically the 2012 export utility will be downloadable?

/Mat

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

I've already pulled Simulate and Manage off the subscription site. The Freedom download gave me 2011.

Can't wait to try the 2D DWF sheets feature - sending clients P&IDs *inside* an NWD file? Sending fabricators construction isometrics? Embedded viewer applications in Word and HTML documents? Lots of potential applications. Pity that with a lot of seats I can't afford to be an early adopter.

I could stop if I wanted to Teresa.Martin's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by dgorsman View Post
    I've already pulled Simulate and Manage off the subscription site. The Freedom download gave me 2011.

Can't wait to try the 2D DWF sheets feature - sending clients P&IDs *inside* an NWD file? Sending fabricators construction isometrics? Embedded viewer applications in Word and HTML documents? Lots of potential applications. Pity that with a lot of seats I can't afford to be an early adopter.
    The Project Browser feature is very nice. It brings in all the sheet and views from Revit if you export from Revit as a DWFx. You can even have it find the part for you in the various views inside of Navisworks. Very, very handy.

The exporter plugin which was available for 2010 and 2011 for free for those who do not have Navisworks, but need the plugin to export NWC files from Revit or Archicad.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Teresa.Martin View Post
    The exporter plugin which was available for 2010 and 2011 for free for those who do not have Navisworks, but need the plugin to export NWC files from Revit or Archicad.
    The 2012 exporter is the one I'm looking for.
    I hope it will be dowloadable soon.
    /Mat

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Teresa.Martin View Post
    The Project Browser feature is very nice. It brings in all the sheet and views from Revit if you export from Revit as a DWFx. You can even have it find the part for you in the various views inside of Navisworks. Very, very handy.

Pity the intelligent linking is limited to Revit. Being able to assign linkages between a DWF element and an element in the NWD tree would be nice for those of us who aren't Revit'ers.