I'm having a great deal of difficulty adding content to a personal catalog. I wanted to keep this catalog separate in case when autocad updates the cataloge I don't want have isues migrating my created parts. Nor do I wish to corrupt the working catalogs. The part I am looking to create is an additional size pipe. I'm looking to add DR 14 PVC C900 Pipe.

I have tried to open and save as, as several of the Parametric whitepapers have suggested, but the pipe models seem connected to and Aecb_Segments_Round.dwg When ever I save outside the "Out of the box" catalog it seems to save ok, but then when I restart AMEP and try to use the pipe, or review the pipe in content builder I get the error to check the address to the recipe in the XML file.

I have even tried to create my own Pipe with the content builder, but when it comes to the first level of creation It looks something like this
[-] DR 14 PVC C900
|
[ ] Part Configuration
L[ ] DR 14 PVC C900
L[ ] Pipe
L[ ] Undefined
L[ ] Undefined

I can not select pipe at the first "Undefined" entry, and thus can't see it when i try ti add it to the Pipe routing Preferences

If I copy within an .apc then it works, but if I try to move it outside to my own catalog it fails.

Is there a better way to create pipe content? please do not refer me to Content Builder whitepapers that do not deal with pipe specifically.. I've gone through many, but none that mention PIPE specificaly.

If it helps to know... the C900 PVC is the same O.D. as D.I. pipe thus I do not need to create fittings as the clients will most likely us MJ compact fittings.

BUt I see a large need for other types of pipe other than what I see in the otu of the box catalog. There are other pressure classes to DR pipe and other C905 series and C909

Is there an alternate method that I'm not seeing. I could use D.I. Pipe, how would that effect the scheduling and tagging? Am i ultimatly going in the wrong direction?

Another side note:
I noticed when I did the save as, and tried to edit the values of the Nominal Diameter of the Connection it posted sizes for the diameter of the pipe, but I did not see any calculations.. ti just populated.. The column of data was set to "Table" those numbers were not correct, however, I am curious as to where they came from.. what default?

Please some enlightenment.

I have posted to two other forums and i can only reach this one at home as, our company proxy servise does not work well with the AUGI website.

Open to any suggestions at this point as I have been trying to get this to work for days.