Thread: Incoherent mesh on edges

Login to Give a bone

Default Incoherent mesh on edges

I try to create a RC suspended slab of a big residential units. I have a problem when I create a mesh, it ended up too many many nodes near to the edge where the intersection between wall and slab. Becasue the slab and wall are not line up at the common edge.

I think there should a function in Robot to make them line up so Robot dont have to create many nodes or rigid links to connect together ???

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Incoherent mesh on edges

Can you attach screenshot with this problem? If you have some little cantilever of slab - just correct your model & make common edge with wall.

Login to Give a bone

A picture is attached.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Login to Give a bone

Yes, my friend .You need to correct your model by making common edge with wall and slab. If you use Revit for creating model, chek my post (in russian). And you must delete all isolated nodes in you model, don't forget this.

Login to Give a bone

I import the model from the autoCAD (Architect file).

Login to Give a bone

Hi Romanic,
    have you heard about MIDAS IT program. what is your point of view.?

Login to Give a bone

Hi angel! Yes, I heared about MIDAS IT program. But I made my choice - Robot

Login to Give a bone

Robot has also been my choice for more than 10 years.It is very good for static analysis and it´s the best for creating and editing a model.It´s very intuitive and easy to use. A lot easier and more practical to use than sap2000,midas , staad, Lusas,Larsa4d,etc.
    But if you need to perform a staged construction analysis ,usually necessary for large bridges(cable stayed,suspension,PCM,etc) ,Robot is useless . We urgently need it as well as time dependent materials ( creep, shrinkage, relaxation,variable Young modulus)
    I hope (and pray) that we´ll have these features anytime soon in Robot future versions.Until there we´ll have to use sap2000 or Midas Civil ,or Lusas Bridge or Larsa4d among others.
    Midas Civil is very good for bridges and in some ways, similar to Robot for creating and editing the model.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by tngv75955631 View Post
    I try to create a RC suspended slab of a big residential units. I have a problem when I create a mesh, it ended up too many many nodes near to the edge where the intersection between wall and slab. Becasue the slab and wall are not line up at the common edge.

I think there should a function in Robot to make them line up so Robot dont have to create many nodes or rigid links to connect together ???
    Robot has the most powerful mesher I have seen in an AEC product.

It does have these options. Go to job preferences and select iterative calculaiton for mesh inchorence. ROBOT will iteratively adjust the mesh until all nodes and elements share consistency across teh edge. I have seuccesfully used the approach on several projects. Also you can override thsi and force kinemtic restrints - rigid links - to conenct vertices of faces which are inchorent on the edge