Thread: The plot thickens (mtext true type fonts)

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default The plot thickens (mtext true type fonts)

I've had this problem before with mtext plotting out thicker than others (true type fonts only), as have many others, and solutions have been posted - eg move it to z=1, then bring it back to z=0 and the dview solution.

They've always worked - until now. Attached is a real hardcore example (I've deleted everything except the mtexts). Tried both methods, audited the file, purged, etc. but still the problem persists.

One method I came up with was to explode the mtext to dtext, then do the z=1, z=0 trick, & it works. However I'm left with a bunch of single line text & that's not acceptable.

Please, all you ACAD professors, have a look & see if you can come up with a solution.

Thank you.
    Attached Files Attached Files

All AUGI, all the time zoomharis's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: The plot thickens (mtext true type fonts)

Use FLATTEN command.

Login to Give a bone

I posted a reply 2 days ago to this topic and received a message that the post had to be moderated. I don't know why that is because I'm not new here, and even so, it was 2 days ago, but I guess the hodge-podge software here is still buggy. Anyway it appears to me that the two texts in your drawing may not have been created on the same UCS. Just as polylines that are planar, but were not originally created on the same UCS cannot be filleted or joined TrueType text that was not created exactly perpendicular to the current view cannot be anti-aliased.

Login to Give a bone

I believe you're right, nestly, because when I drew 4 lines from 0,0,0 to each of the insertion points of the mtext, I got 2 lines (bottom insertion points) that have 3d lengths, while the other 2 are 2d lines. When I did a FLATTEN, the lines with 3d lengths became normal 2d lines but the mtext problem persisted because when I drew the 4 lines again, the same thing happened.

All AUGI, all the time zoomharis's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by nextvkin View Post
    When I did a FLATTEN, the lines with 3d lengths became normal 2d lines but the mtext problem persisted because when I drew the 4 lines again, the same thing happened.
    For me, the FLATTEN commands works just fine with the drawing you provided. Don't know why it is not working at your end.

Login to Give a bone

See attached. Your MTEXT entities are highlighted in red. A normal one in purple.

dirvec.png
    R.K. McSwain | CAD Panacea |

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by zoomharis View Post
    For me, the FLATTEN commands works just fine with the drawing you provided. Don't know why it is not working at your end.
    That's because we're still in the last decade unfortunately - ACAD 2007! I'll find a copy of the latest & check it out, thanks.

Thanks, rkmcswain, your attachments are interesting, I'll have to try & decipher them. BTW how do you access them?
    Last edited by nextvkin; 2011-04-06 at 12:01 AM.